• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton winch chain and hook?

citizensoldier

Hi sermis.. I would prefer original but what do you have? Is there a bigger style hook on it?
Tactical.. PM me if you find one..
What do they sell for nowadays? Its a hard item to price.. Yes its for the front winch.. lol
Oh.. Why we are at it. Anybody have a level wind or tentioner they would part with? Wrecker type on the front?

sermis

I will look at my stash tomorrow. I think they are about 5 - 6’ and have a heavy hook. I also have some heavy chains and snatch blocks. Will post PIC’s later.

citizensoldier

Re: RE: 5 ton winch chain and hook?

sermis said:
I will look at my stash tomorrow. I think they are about 5 - 6’ and have a heavy hook. I also have some heavy chains and snatch blocks. Will post PIC’s later.
Sounds like you might have a visitor after some tires coming down from Indiana.. PM some pics and list of what you have for sale.. Us northern boys might just fill his trailer for him.. :D Any 5 ton combat rims? Winch shafts? Tow bars? Wrecker/Bridge truck lights, 1200/20 tires.. what you got? huh huh... :)

rwoods

Is the 1/2" deuce chain and hook strong enough for the 5 ton winch? I need a lead chain and hook and have found one off a deuce. Thanks.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Bjorn had questions on the chain leads when he was working on his 8x8. He posted pics of a deuce and the 5ton leads, very different.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I said, I "believe(d)" I was right. I am not positive. I will say that I have a 5 ton with winch that has the same fair lead as a deuce. It could be incorrect. I am not sure. I thought they were the same based upon that.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI...I will got out to check my winches tomorrow, but I believe, after seeing Bjorn's thread, that my trucks (both deuces and 5 tons) have the same fair lead. I am sure that they don't match what Bjorn pictured. Now, they (the ones on my trucks) could be wrong...or I could be.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went out and looked at a 5 ton(M819) front winch chain and hook, right next to a 2.5 ton(M35A2 w/w) front winch chain and hook. They appear to be the same size.

Also the Tm's show the same part number for both 2.5 ton and 5 ton truck, front winch chains(12253104-4)

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To complete the picture, here is a comparison of the 5 and 10 ton hooks (snatch block).
The 5/8 inch chain with grab hook and pear shaped ring along with the 10-ton snatch block are part of the BII for my 5-ton 8x8.
The 5-ton chain/hook can be used with the snatch block for a 10-ton pull.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks