• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton wrecker bed

red

For the drag winch that's a common complaint on the m936 bed. It is the same winch that is on the older wreckers like my m816, but it cannot pull with the same power as the older setup. On the m816 and m543 it's rated at 45k. On the m936 its derated to 30-36k and it's because of how they powered it. In the thread 'rescued m816' we discussed that on page 30, comments #295 and a few after it.

Csm Davis

For the drag winch that's a common complaint on the m936 bed. It is the same winch that is on the older wreckers like my m816, but it cannot pull with the same power as the older setup. On the m816 and m543 it's rated at 45k. On the m936 its derated to 30-36k and it's because of how they powered it. In the thread 'rescued m816' we discussed that on page 30, comments #295 and a few after it.
I was told but haven't looked hard yet that it can be turned up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

wcuhillbilly

Looking good,,,, I see someone didn't close a door, or left something on the deck to catch the hydro tank and dent it.... Im gonna guess the previous Owner or Soldier B....
Figure you will likely put ground spades behind the cab ????

As for the rear drag winch,,, Yes, a mild regearing of the drive sprockets will turn up the power and turn down the speed...... I for one would like power,,, as hefting that cable is no fun.

Csm Davis

I had a chance to read through this thread to see if i can be of any help. The main pump should turn 13-1500 rpm off the back of the transfer case PTO. More to come.

wcuhillbilly

Keep up the good work..,,, You will "have the only one there is around" when your done...----- just hoping that when you pull the light switch out all 3 headlites don't come on......(Johnny Cash)))

Csm Davis

That little hose hanging off the bottom goes to nothing it's just hanging out on the other end, the first thing in line from the pump pressure port is the drag winch then it comes woreatd and goes up the swivel to the boom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That little hose is not pressure or feed to the front winch. The line is a return off the valves of the front winch.here are a few pictures. 20170328_160411_001.jpg20170328_160510.jpg

tobyS

That little hose is not pressure or feed to the front winch. The line is a return off the valves of the front winch.here are a few pictures. View attachment 673048View attachment 673049

Why does that line look small Jeff? You say it's the return from the winch valve? Does that go to (filter) and tank then.

Is that a line going back to tank from the pressure relief or the return line from the valve as part of the "open center" flow path?

Csm Davis

Why does that line look small Jeff? You say it's the return from the winch valve? Does that go to (filter) and tank then.

Is that a line going back to tank from the pressure relief or the return line from the valve as part of the "open center" flow path?
That's what I am thinking

tobyS

If that is part of the series flow for power beyond (first valve to second valve), you are making heat with that loooong orifice.

Heavywrecker

I studied it guys, it's a return for the second set of pto that would of been on the truck, and the big Fred for the main pump has a second port on it for the suction side of the second pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks