• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

52 GMC M135 and M211 Projects

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?99527-M211-Holley-885-FFG-rebuild-help

Yes, please.

I found a few G749 carb threads in the Early Deuce Forum but that one up there ^ has a good title so it makes sense to add any carb info into the 'M211-Holley-885-FFG-rebuild' thread.

Had the plan for the past 500 days or so to do a 'landscaper grade', G749 carb tear down and re-build photo shoot so with some DocLog and KC inspiration, it could happen any day now!!

JCKC

The online carb manual was a big help. I printed it out and put in a binder to make sure it all went back together okay. I got the carb back on the M135 today, but that's all I had time for. The next tasks are brakes and tires. The wheel lugs are stuck on real good, so that's the next big challenge.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember righty-tighty and lefty-loosey and on the other side lefty-tighty and righty-loosey. Half of your lugs will be stamped with an "L"

JCKC

With some reluctance I have put the M135 up for sale in the classifieds. Mainly time and other projects have put this deserving project on the back burner. Part of the issue is it being 40 minutes away from home whenever I'd like to work on it, but that's my hassle for being a city dweller! I still have the M211 bobber project (it was bobbed before I bought it) to tinker with when I get the urge to work on a deuce and a half.

JCKC

It's been a few months since the last post, so here's an update. It's been a real test of patience on getting the title for the M135, but it finally came through with its share of red tape and hassle. I'll put it up for sale again or perhaps get it roadworthy and licensed. We'll see what happens!