• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 Diesel in a M-37?

ODdave

Do you guys toying with the 617 know if that has the same bell housing as the earlier 4 cylinders in the 190D cars? I have a 190D four cylinder and four speed in a '53 F100 Custom Cab and it could use just a tad more power and I think one more cylinder would solve that...as long is it's easy to drop in. ... OR ... Do you know if the manual transmission behind the 5 cylinder diesels has the same shift actuation as the four cylinder's transmission. Lever on top, lever on side... iirc.

THANKS!
Bellhousings are different. BUT, the plate on the back of the motor can be changed to make them work.
I did notice that the balance on the flywheels are different though...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks