• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 get new lungs with the turbo swap and cold air intake from S&B

Southern Off Road

Is there a supplier for the turbo kit or was it just all together on eBay. I would be interested if there's a place to get the kit.
I bought the kit used from a owner of a 6.5 that through a rod, and was doing a small block conversion. I looked on ebay for about a month and found my kit for $500. There were a couple of other kits that were the same but didnt look as good as the one i found but they were about $200 cheaper. There is a place i found online that has all the parts u need to do it but they are a little expensive. I will try and find the website and send u and link.

Southern Off Road

How did you run the exaust?
I had to run it on the outside of the frame, and it dont look to bad if u tuck it close the the cab and wrap it in dei wrap. There is no room to run it in between the frame wheel(sucks). The crossover piece i ordered from flowmaster and had to do a bunch of cutting and welding but got it set about perfect.

Southern Off Road

Now all you have to do is close off the air cleaner box and run a snorkel. Turbo is at the top of my wish list [thumbzup]
Yeah i am going to go the the junk yard and find a factor piece that came off a 6.5 so i can also pull cold air from the fender and i plan in the near future to have a snorkel. Turbo made a big difference in power and that airbox made it a different truck with sound and power, the turbo will actually spool now while driving down the road. Hope to see your turbo pics in the future.:jumpin:

AlexFolino

I finally got everything i need to turbo mine too... only problem is its winter now and i need this truck ready for snow.. After reading this though im thinking of maybe putting a few extra hours in after work everynight to get it done

Southern Off Road

I finally got everything i need to turbo mine too... only problem is its winter now and i need this truck ready for snow.. After reading this though im thinking of maybe putting a few extra hours in after work everynight to get it done
Awesome, yeah this will be my first winter with my truck, hope to have a little fun with it. Glad to hear i helped boost u to do it, hope your project goes good if u have any question just let me know, i can help u through the quirks i had. I have alot of pictures on how i ran my exhaust and crossover pipes i can get measurements for u, where i didnt have that. let me know if u have any questions hope all goes well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks