• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 get new lungs with the turbo swap and cold air intake from S&B

Southern Off Road

Is there a supplier for the turbo kit or was it just all together on eBay. I would be interested if there's a place to get the kit.
I bought the kit used from a owner of a 6.5 that through a rod, and was doing a small block conversion. I looked on ebay for about a month and found my kit for $500. There were a couple of other kits that were the same but didnt look as good as the one i found but they were about $200 cheaper. There is a place i found online that has all the parts u need to do it but they are a little expensive. I will try and find the website and send u and link.

Southern Off Road

How did you run the exaust?
I had to run it on the outside of the frame, and it dont look to bad if u tuck it close the the cab and wrap it in dei wrap. There is no room to run it in between the frame wheel(sucks). The crossover piece i ordered from flowmaster and had to do a bunch of cutting and welding but got it set about perfect.

Southern Off Road

Now all you have to do is close off the air cleaner box and run a snorkel. Turbo is at the top of my wish list [thumbzup]
Yeah i am going to go the the junk yard and find a factor piece that came off a 6.5 so i can also pull cold air from the fender and i plan in the near future to have a snorkel. Turbo made a big difference in power and that airbox made it a different truck with sound and power, the turbo will actually spool now while driving down the road. Hope to see your turbo pics in the future.:jumpin:

AlexFolino

I finally got everything i need to turbo mine too... only problem is its winter now and i need this truck ready for snow.. After reading this though im thinking of maybe putting a few extra hours in after work everynight to get it done

Southern Off Road

I finally got everything i need to turbo mine too... only problem is its winter now and i need this truck ready for snow.. After reading this though im thinking of maybe putting a few extra hours in after work everynight to get it done
Awesome, yeah this will be my first winter with my truck, hope to have a little fun with it. Glad to hear i helped boost u to do it, hope your project goes good if u have any question just let me know, i can help u through the quirks i had. I have alot of pictures on how i ran my exhaust and crossover pipes i can get measurements for u, where i didnt have that. let me know if u have any questions hope all goes well.