• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 questions

Cucvnut

Regardless, his opinon on spending excess money is a moot point. im asking about specific things i need to do for my turbo swap, not hey what should i spend my money on because i have no idea.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Regardless, his opinon on spending excess money is a moot point. im asking about specific things i need to do for my turbo swap, not hey what should i spend my money on because i have no idea.
I think you are taking that post wrong.
Just read whole thread and I didn't see it that way at all.
Just pointing out options and/or what others have successfully done.

Just my 2 cents worth

Good luck on your project

Awful lot of backlash for that post. I myself have made the mistake in the past of trying to improve an inferior product thinking I could save some money, but end up spending more than what the superior product would have cost. If you can get all the parts for cheap then by all means go for it. Now I won't say that I know much about the 6.2L or 6.5L engines even though I own one:whistle:, but I can tell you that 900 to 1100 degrees is considered safe high end EGT range. Short term spikes of 1500 to 1600 degrees are acceptable. If you go over that aluminum pistons can start to melt, and exhaust manifolds could crack. Also you need to remember that EGTs can continue to climb even after you lift of the throttle. Again didn't mean for my post to come off as some kind of insult, and I will own up to anything I say or do.

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
I did not read the who post it was trollish...
You should use the correct heads.. 6.2 on a 6.2 and 6.5 on a 6.5. the difference in the turbo heads the the pre cups. on a non turbo engine they are a lot smaller and are made for low end and good MPG. The larger the cups the more power the engine can make but were not talking 1000 HP differnece. So just run what you have.
Don't wast your time with 6.5 lines,pumps,injectors. 100% wast of time. Run your 6.2 stuff and turn up the pump a little.
a 6.2 pump and injectors can be cranked to totally over fuel and melt down a turbo 6.5.
I just am finishing a conversion on my 1995 k3500. I installed a military DB2 pump, lines, and injectors (6.2 hummer)
If I hold the peddle down long enough the engine would be a flaming pile of slag. The 6.2 pump turned up has WAY WAY more fuel then the 6.5 turbo can ever need.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks