• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 rebuild. what changes can i make for more HP?

mikegoobs

Im rebuilding my 6.2 from my m1009 and i was wondering if there was anything i could do to the motor to get more hp and torque out of it. Injector mods? top end mods? what can i do while i have this thing apart?

cucv1833

Im rebuilding my 6.2 from my m1009 and i was wondering if there was anything i could do to the motor to get more hp and torque out of it. Injector mods? top end mods? what can i do while i have this thing apart?
Did you consider a Turbo theres plenty of threads on that. You can look into marine injectors and turn up the I.P. a little 1/8-1/4 turn. And maybe cold air induction.

If i ever rebuild mine i will put a stud girdle kit in it and another Gm-4 Turbo

Or you can do this-
GM 6.2L Buildup - Diesel Power Magazine

Im no expert someone will chime in with better mods that you are looking for.

Goodluck

Loco_Hosa

Did you consider a Turbo theres plenty of threads on that. You can look into marine injectors and turn up the I.P. a little 1/8-1/4 turn. And maybe cold air induction.

If i ever rebuild mine i will put a stud girdle kit in it and another Gm-4 Turbo

Or you can do this-
GM 6.2L Buildup - Diesel Power Magazine

Im no expert someone will chime in with better mods that you are looking for.

Goodluck
All I had ever heard was that the 6.2 was absolute garbage, and that the lower ends would ALWAYS spider-crack. This was an interesting read to be sure!

(Hopefully future CUCV owner)

89m1007

Stud Girdle, ARP Head Studs, Fluid Damper 6.5 TD Head gaskets, Ceramic Coated piston tops. Dual Tuna Cans one in each vavle cover. GM-8 Turbo. Marine injection pump with marine injectors.

dstang97

Oh, but what about those fuel line magnets? I heard that if you put them around each injector line you will get 80MPG and achieve light speed! :razz:
Where can I find these so called magnets? I already have done all of the other mods except this one.

cpf240

Where can I find these so called magnets? I already have done all of the other mods except this one.
Well, I've only read about them, but I understand that they are made of unobtainium and that the Wally World down the road from Area 51 has them on special sometimes.

I've never been able to get over there in time though. Wonder if I can put them on layaway?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Banks Turbo Cobra, about the best you can do.