• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 turbo advice

jbolty

I have been chatting with a guy that is parting out a 6.2 from a 1985 civvy K30 with a turbo. He wants $450 for all the bits and pieces. He claims that he installed the kit a couple of years ago but did not get the performance he was looking for so is now doing a motor upgrade.

Price seems fair, if it's as he says.

Anything else I should ask about or know about before I give it a go?

I would be installing on a 1986 M1031 and if the difference is at all noticealbe I would be happy.

thanks for any thoughts, tips, suggestions.

Jeff

K5NUTT

The banks sidewinder kit is $2500 brandy new plus tax etc. So in that respect your getting a good deal.
I can not advise on the difference felt after install but i have a few friends at CK5.com that say it was
worth the work to install!

You didn't get that 1031 from ebay did you...saw a sweet tan job i would have killed for in cali on ebay a while back.

DW

jbolty

Re: RE: 6.2 turbo advice

K5NUTT said:
The banks sidewinder kit is $2500 brandy new plus tax etc. So in that respect your getting a good deal.
I can not advise on the difference felt after install but i have a few friends at CK5.com that say it was
worth the work to install!

You didn't get that 1031 from ebay did you...saw a sweet tan job i would have killed for in cali on ebay a while back.

DW
thanks

Got it from a guy that bought two from GL. I paid $5000 for it with all california dmv paperwork. Came with generator and compressor so I think I got a fair deal. FWIW odometer says 10,000 miles. 340 hours on the generator.

K5NUTT

RE: Re: RE: 6.2 turbo advice

Thats the exact one i saved all the pics from ebay.
I think i can say thats what i want...and in the color i want.
Now i just have to find one like it thats complete and in good shape!

DW

jbolty

Re: RE: Re: RE: 6.2 turbo advice

K5NUTT said:
Thats the exact one i saved all the pics from ebay.
I think i can say thats what i want...and in the color i want.
Now i just have to find one like it thats complete and in good shape!

DW

I saw the ad on craigs list but I suppose he may have had it on ebay as well. He also had a tractor and flatbed trailer and a duece. those were not for sale at the time.

K5NUTT

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 6.2 turbo advice

How did he list them on craigslist? I did a search yesterday for cucv,m1009,m1031 and m1010 with minimal hits in the western states.

DW

K5NUTT

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 6.2 turbo advice

I am emailing a friend in az. who has the same setup.
Hope to pick it up next payday so i can be a leg up when
i find my M1010 or M1031.

DW

jbolty

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 6.2 turbo advice

K5NUTT said:
How did he list them on craigslist? I did a search yesterday for cucv,m1009,m1031 and m1010 with minimal hits in the western states.

DW
was several months ago. I was looking for diesel trucks at the time