• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 turbo advice

jbolty

I have been chatting with a guy that is parting out a 6.2 from a 1985 civvy K30 with a turbo. He wants $450 for all the bits and pieces. He claims that he installed the kit a couple of years ago but did not get the performance he was looking for so is now doing a motor upgrade.

Price seems fair, if it's as he says.

Anything else I should ask about or know about before I give it a go?

I would be installing on a 1986 M1031 and if the difference is at all noticealbe I would be happy.

thanks for any thoughts, tips, suggestions.

Jeff

K5NUTT

The banks sidewinder kit is $2500 brandy new plus tax etc. So in that respect your getting a good deal.
I can not advise on the difference felt after install but i have a few friends at CK5.com that say it was
worth the work to install!

You didn't get that 1031 from ebay did you...saw a sweet tan job i would have killed for in cali on ebay a while back.

DW

jbolty

Re: RE: 6.2 turbo advice

K5NUTT said:
The banks sidewinder kit is $2500 brandy new plus tax etc. So in that respect your getting a good deal.
I can not advise on the difference felt after install but i have a few friends at CK5.com that say it was
worth the work to install!

You didn't get that 1031 from ebay did you...saw a sweet tan job i would have killed for in cali on ebay a while back.

DW
thanks

Got it from a guy that bought two from GL. I paid $5000 for it with all california dmv paperwork. Came with generator and compressor so I think I got a fair deal. FWIW odometer says 10,000 miles. 340 hours on the generator.

K5NUTT

RE: Re: RE: 6.2 turbo advice

Thats the exact one i saved all the pics from ebay.
I think i can say thats what i want...and in the color i want.
Now i just have to find one like it thats complete and in good shape!

DW

jbolty

Re: RE: Re: RE: 6.2 turbo advice

K5NUTT said:
Thats the exact one i saved all the pics from ebay.
I think i can say thats what i want...and in the color i want.
Now i just have to find one like it thats complete and in good shape!

DW

I saw the ad on craigs list but I suppose he may have had it on ebay as well. He also had a tractor and flatbed trailer and a duece. those were not for sale at the time.

K5NUTT

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 6.2 turbo advice

How did he list them on craigslist? I did a search yesterday for cucv,m1009,m1031 and m1010 with minimal hits in the western states.

DW

K5NUTT

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 6.2 turbo advice

I am emailing a friend in az. who has the same setup.
Hope to pick it up next payday so i can be a leg up when
i find my M1010 or M1031.

DW

jbolty

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 6.2 turbo advice

K5NUTT said:
How did he list them on craigslist? I did a search yesterday for cucv,m1009,m1031 and m1010 with minimal hits in the western states.

DW
was several months ago. I was looking for diesel trucks at the time

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks