• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6 bolt to 10 Bolt wheel adapters

Kohburn

that 250 is the worst case scenario for price IMO - it's also really hard to find surplus 20" tires in other countries but 22.5 are available at any big rig tire shop.

it's mostly for increased wheel and tire options.

also, I already have some 11x20's mounted on 5 ton rims that I'd like to bolt on.

Last edited:

Kohburn

Not through the drum itself....!

G.
but it does go through the drum adaptor - ok good to know. minor effect on the adaptor design. different bolt length for the front and rear adaptors.

it brings up an interesting issue though - unless i want to pull the hub to service the front brakes, i need the adaptors to bolt on from the wheel face, not from the backside of the hub.

Last edited:

tvoss

Seems to me this is the best way to go, I would buy a set. With this you could use unmodified HEMTT wheels, 5 ton wheels and commercial wheels. Much better than creating a custom wheel that only fits a deuce.

Kohburn

working on pricing now. I hope to get atleast 1 set made before snow so that I can bolt on my 11x20's on the 5 ton wheels.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Seems like we beat this dog to death several years ago. I am surprised that some of the resident manufacturing experts have not jumped in on this. Cost is the number one thing we care about.

Kohburn

I'd make em myself but I just don't have equipment big enough for deuce wheel adapters.
If i can atleast get the basic discs laser or waterjet cut for a decent price then I'll do the counterbore work and bushings cut-offs myself.

eldgenb

I would be interested in a set depending on price for myself as well. I may even be interested in buying a set of the cad plans if you would be willing to sell them so that I can get them built locally for the northwest.

jesusgatos

...the best way to attach the adapter doesn't allow you to put the studs back in later - it's permanent. that's really the only drawback.
Personally, I don't care. Sounds like the best/easiest option to me.
...it's also really hard to find surplus 20" tires in other countries but 22.5 are available at any big rig tire shop.
Exactly! I wrestled with this, and decided to re-center the stock wheels, but if/when I ever plan on doing any extensive traveling overseas, I'll almost definitely switch over to 10-lug 22.5 wheels. In the meantime, I'm going to take advantage of the cheap 20" 11.00 surplus tires, and the HEMTT wheels are too wide to run those anyway.

One thing though, before you get too far into this project. Oueverson makes custom 2.5-ton rockwell hubs. I talked to him a while ago about making a 10-lug version, and he said they would cost the same as the rest ($500ea.). Just another option for everybody to consider, and wouldn't involve any adapters. Leaves you to resolve the same issues with the brake drums, but that's not such a big deal.

Kohburn

well right now my "high" price is ~200 per wheel. pretty sure that I should be able to get it down to almost half that. hardware for all 6 wheels (bolts, nuts, additional studs) works out to about 100$ total.

So I'm hoping to get the total cost down to 700-1000$ for all 6 wheels. If i can't find a place to do then I'll just have to buy myself a larger mill.

Kohburn

well even with my worst case scenario pricing that I have been quoted the total for 3 axles would be ~ 1500

if I can get people who are willing to pay UP TO 1500 to commit then I can see about getting bulk pricing.

I've done sales and group buys before, but nothing this expensive. I know how difficult it would be for me to commit money to an unknown person. Not to mention I'm not real comfortable holding other peoples money. I'll have to look into one of those 3rd party companies that holds the money untill goods have exchanged hands.

Last edited:

tvoss

I think $1500 is too much. You can get a set of 6 HEMTT adapter plates for less than $700. I would pay up to $1000 for the added versatility, but not $1500.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think $1500 is too much. You can get a set of 6 HEMTT adapter plates for less than $700. I would pay up to $1000 for the added versatility, but not $1500.
Where are you getting 6 hemtt wheels with adapter plates for less than $700? I'll buy a set right this moment if so...

tvoss

That's not for wheels and adapter plates. That is for adapter plates only.

You have to buy the wheels separately either way, regardless if you get a 10 bolt adapter or a special HEMTT adapter. I just figure a 10 bolt adapter is more versatile.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks