• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6 bolt to 10 Bolt wheel adapters

Kohburn

yep, here it is again for those that missed it

the snow is a main indicator as to why i haven't gotten one installed yet.

stormtrooper

micharmo

Hello all. I'm new to SS and have been following this thread for a while. Is there any new info on how the adapter plates worked out? They look very promising.

Kohburn

weather is finally warming up so i can work on my truck again. should be installing the front two adapters in the next few weeks.

I have the studs pressed into the adapters - just need to get the hubs off the truck to press the old studs out.

micharmo

Cool. I am eagerly waiting to see how they work out. I may have a local machinist that would do the work for a good price. How thick is plate steel that you used? It seems like it would need to be pretty thick like 1 inch or so.

Kohburn

1.25" aluminum - if you want hub centering tabs then you'll need another 1/2" (or weld them on later)

Last edited:

Kohburn

sadly the deuce hasn't been my priority so i haven't had time to install them yet. heck i haven't even had time to install the new 24v wiper motors and that's an easy one.

Jeepjake

Still really curious

Thread nudge, I am dying to see how these turned out, I am most concerned about the scrub radius for the front end, and tire clearance with Exhaust and draglink. If it comes out all :grin: I will build something similar for my Deuce, or jump on a group buy to bring the price down for everyone.

-Jeep

Kohburn

scrub only shifts out 1.25" which when should actually correct the scrub radius when adding taller tires.

only thing holding me up at this point is getting a primary driver on the road that needs a head gasket and timing chain job. once that is on the road the deuce is my priority.

I did get the turbo swapped from the whistler to the quiet turbo and the electric wipers installed but with the ice shield wiper blades. (still have to wire them to the pulse width modulator to control speed)

Kohburn

it's been bugging me but i just haven't had any time for the deuce other than to use it ocassionally. now all my time is going to hurricane cleanup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks