• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6 c-2298 boxes possible on VIC-1?

M1097A2NUT

So here is my delimma. Yes I searched all 39 pages without a single thread related to my issue. In a HMMWV there are naturally 4 seating positions, however after installing a jump seat on the tunnel it adds two more seats. I know how to wire the VIC-1 for 4 positions but was wondering if it was possible to expand it to six positions by piggy backing off of the two main rear c-2298 boxes to two more c-2298 boxes with short cx-4723 cables? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

IroncladGA

Before I sold my HMMWV, I had a 6-position setup (with 4 at each seat and 2 control boxes in the bed). Mine was set up with a CX-4723 coming out of the AM-1780 at each of J504-J506 and going into J801 of the C-2298s. Additionally, I daisy-chained two of the C-2298s with a CX-4723 coming out of J804 to J801 of another C-2298. I think the TM indicates that 6-positions are possible, but don't quote me on that because I haven't looked at the TM in years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks