• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6 c-2298 boxes possible on VIC-1?

M1097A2NUT

So here is my delimma. Yes I searched all 39 pages without a single thread related to my issue. In a HMMWV there are naturally 4 seating positions, however after installing a jump seat on the tunnel it adds two more seats. I know how to wire the VIC-1 for 4 positions but was wondering if it was possible to expand it to six positions by piggy backing off of the two main rear c-2298 boxes to two more c-2298 boxes with short cx-4723 cables? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

IroncladGA

Before I sold my HMMWV, I had a 6-position setup (with 4 at each seat and 2 control boxes in the bed). Mine was set up with a CX-4723 coming out of the AM-1780 at each of J504-J506 and going into J801 of the C-2298s. Additionally, I daisy-chained two of the C-2298s with a CX-4723 coming out of J804 to J801 of another C-2298. I think the TM indicates that 6-positions are possible, but don't quote me on that because I haven't looked at the TM in years.