• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6 inch stacks on deuce

saddamsnightmare

October 5th, 2012.

Normally, I wouldn't comment on a permutation like the one above but....

"Everyone to his own choice!" said the farmer as he kissed the pig. I have no problem with the stock exhaust on the deuce, and I regret to say that this system is comparable to the ones I see on diesel pickups all the time.... equally useless and ridiculous, but as they say, it's your truck. I always figure someone's trying to compensate in size for something else....
The only problem I ever had with the stock deuce exhaust is that it is in front of the passenger side cab door, not behind it like the 5 tons...:nothingfunny:

Hopefully the situation is reversible, because beyond hot rodders, this bird probably wouldn't fly.

Last edited:

NMC_EXP

Over the last few years the local semi truck owner/operators seem to be competeting on who can install the largest pipes.

I'm waiting for one of them to show up with 14" corrugated culvert sections. Then the next guy will raise the ante with brick and mortar chimneys on his truck.

The big pipe drivers are usually the ones who have the seat adjusted all the way down to the floor so the top of their head is level with the steering wheel.

Takes all kinds

Regards

Jim

steelandcanvas

Am I see a ridgid mounting connection between the stack and the cab tub? If so, wouldn't you want to let the mounts flex a little, to absorb any torque? Just trying to learn, not ruffling any feathers.

jrobinson5093

I solid mounted the stacks and the t pipe to the cab, but it all flexes right at the bottom back of the cab. I also have flex pipe under the cab to allow for engine flex. I have found that if I dont solid mount the stacks they will kinda flop in the wind so to say.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks