• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6 year old gasoline...

Heath_h49008

No joy. The deal is still in limbo.

The facility that owns all of this may demand a licensed "disposal" of the fuel... and they have enough money to actually pay someone to haul it away as "contaminated waste." Basically, if no bean counter feels like dealing with it. I can still get it.

svd dragunov

No joy. The deal is still in limbo.

The facility that owns all of this may demand a licensed "disposal" of the fuel... and they have enough money to actually pay someone to haul it away as "contaminated waste." Basically, if no bean counter feels like dealing with it. I can still get it.
well i hope you do! best of luck!

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correct me if I am wrong ! I think there's a federal law about store age of fuels at a private residence. most likely so you don't blow up the people that live near you.

Kalashnikov

I have personally run heavy mixes of stale gas/WMO with great success. The old gas works pefrect for thinning WMO in the colder months. I was running a mixture that was very similar in viscocity to diesel. I'm on my last bit of a couple hundred gallons. I also throw some in to let all the trash settle instead of buying gas. The stuff I had was very old, kind of darkish/reddish color

reset2

I have run stale gasoline blended with WVO off and on for a few years with no trouble. I get the stale gasoline from small engine and motorcycle repair shops.
I know this is an old thread but I also have ran stale gas. One way was in a 1988 ford f250 with a dual tank. I switched back to the "good" tank when stopping. Then starting on "Good Gas" then switching back until next shut down time. Any time you shut down on stale gas and let the motor cool down you will have problems.

LightCorporal

This is an interesting series, although I get the familiar feeling that I may be reading Spanish ( for example ) which I only understand half of, and that only half the time. Interesting, though. Thanks.

L1A1

Not sure if this helps or not. I have a '92 plymouth acclaim that has about a 1/2 tank of gas that is at least 6 years old. I'm getting ready to sell the car, poped in a fresh battery & that old car fired right up and ran supprisingly well considering the age of the fuel.

Just my $.02 worth where old gas is concerned...

Matt

reset2

Newer cars have a sealed gas tank and system so the lighter gases cant escape a they did in the old vented cap vehicles. This could explain some of the success you had with the car.

Not sure if this helps or not. I have a '92 plymouth acclaim that has about a 1/2 tank of gas that is at least 6 years old. I'm getting ready to sell the car, poped in a fresh battery & that old car fired right up and ran supprisingly well considering the age of the fuel.

Just my $.02 worth where old gas is concerned...

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks