• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

62 MPH Deuce! This one is for you Kenny!

ODdave

Guess it is what it is. I have seen many otr trucks in far worse condition than my deuce, clocking many more miles at greater speeds than I. Wonder what's gonna happen there. Sounds like you have had a few more miss happs than I so I can respect your experience. I don't drive 70 all the time in my deuce either. Simply stated that it will do it.

P.S. If you have ever been to Michigan you will see that 70 will just piss people off for going to slow. **** the cammo convoys go dam near 70.

Westech

CPL
Christ here we go.... I knew this was going to happen.......... I am not doing 100 MPH. I do 61. The truck its 100% top knoch. Can something happen? sure..... I can blow a rear end just like what happened in my T/A gong 45 MPH and wrecked it. **** happens guys.
ALl you old farts who want to go 45 do it. Thats your choice. I like to get places from time to time. I do not push the turck.. nothing is turned up. The pump is the same as the day the army Surplussed it. I have not hot rodded anything on that truck. 100% stock besides my lines and filters and a good tune up if you will.
Get over it.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no problem with driving my trucks fast. Other's no. I've been through every brake part on each truck, and always have good tires. I will take on any other stock deuce in a braking contest and win.

Last edited:

bill2444

I usually drive around 48 mph back & fourth to work, but once in awhile the mornings perfect, the air is right and every thing is right in the universe. Before you know it i'm humming along at 60 and didn't even notice. Just saying sometimes these things just want to run.

Goose2448

P.S. If you have ever been to Michigan you will see that 70 will just piss people off for going to slow. **** the cammo convoys go dam near 70.
So THATS why all the michiganers are doing like 300 mph on my highways when they come down for snow bird season.

My personal thoughts on this is go fast as you feel safe, just dont break the law.

ODdave

So THATS why all the michiganers are doing like 300 mph on my highways when they come down for snow bird season.

My personal thoughts on this is go fast as you feel safe, just dont break the law.
Ha, thats funny. My buddy from Pitsburgh drove up here (I was riding with him) and we where doing around 75-77, He didnt know what to do when a cop passed us (going the same direction) just cruisin along. lol

Goose2448

HA I was doing 80 once up near Ocala on 75, and I was passed by FHP and FL DOT doing about 110, not an uncommon thing around here, as they can not run code. Had Sheriff from Collier tell me one time when I was called in a suspicious person, I was the Security Officer, that he was doing 150 to get there! Michiganers do about the same....

46powerwagon

Just wondering.....what tires are you running? I hope they're not NON DIRECTIONALS. Those tires were not meant for those types of speeds period. They are off road with limited hard surface capability. You will eat up those tires plus hydroplane like crazy if any water,snow,etc. on road and forget panic stop at that speed if somebody pulls out in front of you. Military always had a problem with those types of tires on hard pavement from their inception. Because it is a tactical military truck mainly used for off road it was the best tire compromise for it's time though.

Riktord

I myself am guilty of running the truck at 70 MPH. Did it when I first picked up the truck. Since the backlight on the gauges didn't worjk and it was dark I was trying to keep it around 2500-2600 but after two hours into the trrip I found myself floating around 3000.

I think I have a freak motor. This was before the testing began.

Goose2448

ApopkaFL, you have a heavily modded awesome A3. I am not to surprised at your numbers. I know NK has said he has done over 70 in his bobber. One thing you have to realize is the numbers that were set on these trucks, and anything for that matter, are lower than what it can really take. Just about everything is underrated because they know someone is going to push it past that limit.

CobraCDR

This is almost as entertaining as the usual A2 vs. A3 debate. Where was that popcorn icon??

Do as you wish, just please be safe about it. These trucks are far from new and things happen. As for something happening and the government getting sued over it... why do you think they had to stop selling all the jeeps?? fat lady sings

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

phil2968

I don't have pics to show but my M109 out of the Michigan National Guard has and will run 62mph on a gps. The IP has not been touched since I picked it up in Michigan. I have done routine maintance like valve adjusment (some were way out) and oil changes and brake system inspections. The year I drove it to 09SSGR I took it nice and easy about 50 to 55mph on the way up. On the way back however I gave her all she had to get home!
Earlier this year we took her to Albany Ga to recover two trucks. I flat towed one (28,500lbs) and my buddy drove the second. I have some pics of the guage panel at speed and my boost gage. They were taken up in Ga somewhere on a flat section of road. This truck also towed another M109 (31,000lbs) from Ft. Campbell and on flat ground down here in Florida I could hold 57mph.
I don't run this truck fast all the time. The roads just don't allow it. When I get on the interstate however I will pull the throttle all the way out. I don't know why this truck runs so well but I would like to know. Maybe some careful examination of the fuel system and engine setup could say why.
Bash me if you want but I don't like getting on interstate and causing a back up by running 45 or 50. On the surface streets around here I obey the speed limits.
I hope to meet the OP at the the Ga rally where we will discuss the fast trucks we have picked up from the Military.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks