• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7 trucks from Indianapolis to Montrose, MI. Help!

TedG

Hi Bill,

Yikes! 7?!!

If most are runners, maybe you can get some people to ride down and drive/tow them back. You can borrow my medium towbar if you want also.

Regards,

miltruckman

That sounds like an idea! And thanks for the offer to loan the towbar.

They are all stated in the description to run. I only bid on trucks with nice new paint jobs too.

My insurance agent said he can write a temporary coverage binder for them so it would be nice and legal.

My brother in-law who lives in Indianapolis is looking for a place for me to park them temporarily so I can get them off the base.

I also lined up a place to park them up here.

I'll buy all the gas and food!

Any volunteer drivers?

Seriously.

Bill
Michigan

Green_gator

Bill,
You may want to check with R&S Fleet Service in Indianapolis on holding them for you. They helped me out with my pick up earlier this year. Please give a shout to GIJOECZAR (Joe Czarnik) as I believe he still has some cylinder heads there that need to move north west to Wisconsin.

TedG

Bill,

List the tentative dates that you might go so others can chime in. From your house to Indy and back is more than a full day of driving down and back... in a deuce, without break downs. Quite an adventure!

Regards,

miltruckman

I'll know more when the EUC clears, probably in 1-4 weeks. The EUC clears pretty fast when you have purchased items recently. And I just bought an M105 in Lansing.

I'll post as soon as I know anything.

Thanks,

Bill
Michigan

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What an adventure! Man, I wish I was closer.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill,

After driving two of them home in the last three months I think I'm qualified to move one forward for you.

Just give us a date and we will see if it works out. I have a trip out at the end of Sept but other than that we can try and work out a convoy.

Sounds like fun.

:)

steve

miltruckman

Thanks so much everyone! I have an 11 passenger van. We could really make a road trip out of it.

I'll keep you all updated at things progress.

Bill

I'll attach some photos of the trucks. Some of the best I've seen at auction!

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: 7 trucks from Indianapolis to Montrose, MI. Help!

M1075 said:
I think it is time for a C O N V O Y ! !
Reminds me of that song by C.W. McCall "Convoy". Maybe they can sing it along the way :lol: .

derby

RE: Re: RE: 7 trucks from Indianapolis to Montrose, MI. Help

Let me know when, I might be able to get in some seat time for You.

scooter01922

Nice score, looks like you even snagged a non turbo too. Gonna be one heck of a convoy for sure. Too bad i'm not closer or i would be there. What on earth do you need another 7 for if you don't mind sharing??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks