• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7 trucks from Indianapolis to Montrose, MI. Help!

dc3coyote

Hey I am always up for a road trip, just the cost of fuel or a plane ticket to get there and back, and I am in, I need to kill some leave anyways

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow this sounds like a great time for anyone in retired status. I am not sure how long that will be for me but I hope you get all the drivers or at least four and three towbars.

miltruckman

Thanks everyone for your offers to help & drive.

My brother in Law in indianapolis has not yet been able to locate a staging area if I can't drive them all north on the same weekday. So BobM's offer might be a great help depending on how it all plays out.

Anyone to the North of Indy who might have the space to park trucks until I can organize moving them all?

Also, you can only remove trucks from the site on weekdays. So if we were to make the convoy on a weekend I'll will need a place to park until a good weekend.

Can everyone who may want to help drive the trucks let me know whether weekdays or weekends are best for them? So I'll have an idea which would work out the best.

Thanks,
Bill

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you're looking at mid to late September, or in October, I should be able to assist. I haven't driven a deuce.....yet. I'm available Friday thru Monday.

N1265

I am willing to drive one for you, On the weekend.

What RT. are you planning to Take ? I live just south of Toledo....

BobM

BobM said:
I live west of Indy about 30 miles and have a few acres that you could park them on if you need time to move them.
I also work second shift, so can help move the trucks out here in the mornings if needed. I MIGHT be able to drive on the weekend, but we have been working some weekends without much notice. :cry:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can do a Friday, Sat, Sun road trip and already have a support driver lined up for my Dodge Hemi 4x4 loaded with tools.

If you were headed east to I-75 I have 18 acres of storage space to park them a few miles off of I-70. (That goes for anyone needing a place to park or needing help on this site.)

steve

miltruckman

convoy date set forthe seven trucks, Indianapolis to MI

Hi everyone,

My EUC form just cleared today so I was able to schedule the pickup. The dates listed below are the only days the site offers for pickup of my vehicles.

I am looking for good volunteer drivers. please contact me if you are interested and able so I can coordinate enough people to drive the trucks back. A couple of people have mentioned loaning out their tow bars. That would be greatly appreciated and maybe necessary. All the trucks are supposed to be runners but you never know!

Anyone wanting to drive a truck please get me your name and contact info. Don't assume I know who you are by your internet handle. I would like to make up a package of info to email out about all the rules for getting on the military site. So an email would be handy too.

We will be driving down to Indianapolis on Thursday, 4th of Sept. to
pick up the trucks. My brother in law lives on the north side of
Indianapolis and they will be in Florida that week, so he volunteered to let
us stay at his house. It is a big house so should work out for sleeping
arrangements. We will be removing the trucks from the site on Thursday and
Friday if necessary and parking them at his engineering firm overnight. Then
Friday the 5th of Sept we will head back to Michigan.

I will be obtaining temporary thirty day permits from the state of Indiana
for driving them on the road. Road permits are not necessary in Michigan for newly purchased vehicles being driven from the place of purchase to the
owners address or place of storage. My insurance company will also be
providing 5 day insurance binders to cover all the trucks.

Here are some pertinent addresses so you can MapQuest if you want.

My address: Where we will leave from in my 11 passenger van Thursday AM,
(early I hope as the pickup site hours are very limited)
Bill & Bonnie Prestin
7804 Main Street
Birch Run, MI 48415
Home: 989-624-4802
Cell: 517-896-9727

Stout Field: Location of trucks in Indianapolis, IN. (our pickup point)
2002 South Holt Road
Indianapolis, IN 46241
Contact info:"Joe"GovLiquidation site manager Office: 502-624-3170
Hours: Thursday the 4th: 8AM-2PM
Friday the 5th: 8-11AM

Destination of our convoy: Where the trucks will be stored. About five miles
from my house.

Westside Welding & Fab Inc.
11357 Vienna Rd.
Montrose, MI. 48457
Office: 810-639-3626
Contact/owner "Charlie"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks