• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

73M819's New CUCV

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK...this is embarrassing!:-(

My oldest son was off duty (Police Officer) today and borrowed my F350 to haul some stuff away from his house.
He got stuck...and I mean almost bottomed out stuck!

Instead of calling me, he called my storage facility manager...who told me he called.;)

Of course I had to do along for a good laugh.

I decided to take the M1009 and a chain instead of a winch truck cause they were busy (thank God).

Hooked the M1009 to the F350 and idled her right on out without straining.

Before ya ask...Tony was supposed to take pics with his phone and when it was all over I asked Tony if he got some good pics....he looked down at the ground and said...I forgot Sir!!

My attitude toward CUCVs has changed greatly in the last couple of days.

Attachments

These tires are REALLY good but I gotta tell ya...they make a heck of a noise on the road!!:lol:
this is a true story. If you plan on driving the truck around town, the tires will be fine. But if you plan on doing much highway driving, you MIGHT want to take a loot at an A/T tire. These Destinations are super hard and the lugs really sing at highway speeds. just my 2cents

45FMJoe

Oh, yeah. My best friend has a set of them on his toy Ranger, they're not my first choice. I just meant a 2" lift and 33" tires were my plan. :mrgreen:

idM1028

Then he could pull his lil' red wagon from when was a kid , but that would probably overload it.
Mmm, I dunno. Cargo capacity on the dually models is two tons. That's one **** of a little red wagon. Engine would be sucking without a turbo, though. A 12V Cummins swap would be pretty sweet, but I'm guessing you'd have to kiss that 24V starter bye bye. But at least the GP system screwing up wouldn't be an issue lol.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mmm, I dunno. Cargo capacity on the dually models is two tons. That's one **** of a little red wagon. Engine would be sucking without a turbo, though. A 12V Cummins swap would be pretty sweet, but I'm guessing you'd have to kiss that 24V starter bye bye. But at least the GP system screwing up wouldn't be an issue lol.
By the time you do all that it's not really a CUCV anymore is it , it's a chevy with a cummins.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Mail Truck

Here's a funny...

The Kentucky title I got from Blue2actual listed the M1009 as a D30 "mail truck(?).":cookoo:

Got my Georgia tag and registration today and it says Chevrolet as make and Multi Purpose Vehicle as Model.

Actually it did take them about two weeks to "classify" it.[thumbzup]

Attachments

Last edited:

sandcobra164

My tag/title office has my CUCV listed as Chevy D30 Military P TRK and the insurance card is Chevy D30 Military Truck. GA classified my Deuce as a MPV since the local tag/title office didn't have a clue what to call it.

sandcobra164

Title. The lady's in the local office actually know how to do this without an SF 97. They just have no obligation to on a truck that more than 25 years old. I went to school with the girl that titled my CUCV. It was easy for her, she caught heck trying to get a tag for my deuce but she researched GA's rules pretty good after that. I might even get a title for the deuce if I bug her. I'm not that worried about that, I just wanted a title for the M1028 considering how much of a find it is. I can get a Deuce any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I can't get a USMC CUCV with less than 2164 miles on it or in it's current state, 4416 miles and that's after going to the GA Rally this past go around.

Title. The lady's in the local office actually know how to do this without an SF 97. They just have no obligation to on a truck that more than 25 years old. I went to school with the girl that titled my CUCV. It was easy for her, she caught heck trying to get a tag for my deuce but she researched GA's rules pretty good after that. I might even get a title for the deuce if I bug her. I'm not that worried about that, I just wanted a title for the M1028 considering how much of a find it is. I can get a Deuce any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I can't get a USMC CUCV with less than 2164 miles on it or in it's current state, 4416 miles and that's after going to the GA Rally this past go around.

The process can't be any different then titling another vehicle. I might just have to call back and try the nice guy routine. If that doenst work, I might just keep calling back and asking. If that doesn't work, maybe I'll call the head DMV office. I know it is just a title, but I'd still like to have one since I'm moving out of state soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks