• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7th times the charm?

tobyS

Is 3" intake on the pressure side or the filter side? I thought they were 4" on the filter side.

How much room do you have left after adding the HEMMT crane? Have you posted photo's ?

I would like a rig (your crane in the middle) to be set up with the rear pintle close to the axle (931 and 929 style) and a bed that is not too much longer than the frame... and then use a M1061 trailer for a larger flat area close to the ground. They are relatively cheap trailers and by having several, can leave one and grab another easily. Those trailers are so close to the truck that you can walk from one to the other (caution backing, they come around fast)(leading to the issue of a longer tongue).

You have a seriously nice rig and a lot invested. Immersing in water should be avoided.

tobyS

Thanks, although I think we're choking the motor, so going with a different filter set up, through the the hood.

View attachment 673879

The "donut" will gasket the hood itself, which will have expanded metal welded in.

Also looking at an SX400 turbo for this now. Still have too much fuel. Might as well make more power.
I've wondered many times about putting a small electric blower to supplement intake.

The M322 is a nice trailer too!

Last edited:

snowtrac nome

wont help,electric fans just cant make the volume needed.ram air is intended to take in cool clean air, in theory moving air holds less particulate matter than stale air that isn't moving,say like from under the hood

Csm Davis

On the subject of the electric fan, you would be amazed at the air that can be moved. I think that they might have been engine driven but back in the 70's a formula car got banned for sucking the car to the ground and it actually worked. I have often wondered if you could use a squirrel cage fan to boost the intake air, not on a turbo level but as was discussed above any increase in volume will help.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks