• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7th times the charm?

74M35A2

MTVR HVAC box is a nice self contained setup.

Suggest to replace the front crank seal and timing gear cover gasket while you have it apart that far. Easy and low cost, they are almost all seeping by now. Mine is and yours seems to be starting to weep also. I can post Cummins p/n's and price if you need, just bought mine to do the same. Pulley is just bolted on, seems to not need a balancer puller like gas engines. Seal comes with install sleeve that slips over crank snout for guidance.

Holset model h1e turbo was used interchangeably with the hx40, nearly same.

Last edited:

74M35A2

That one of those nuclear alternators? 12v71 would look beautiful in there right now, and not sound like a school bus. Buzzin' dozen. Nice shoes on it.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

So, a slight set back. Got the injectors back, with cracked nuts and rust, so they're back out to be completely rebuilt, pressure tested and cleaned up to be 100% reliable. Will also get the correct sized sealing washers.

I sent them out dirty, but without cracked parts.
You' ll forgive me, please; but I haven't a clue:

What are the ballpark "damages" for all of that, it's into three figures for all (6) isn't it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks