• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8 weeks and still no insurance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alabamafrog

Back when I was under 25 it cost me over $1,200 a year to drive a ford ranger even with a good record and no claims and that was over a decade ago.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you tried agents that deal in commercial truck insurance ?
It's not old enough to be a collector truck and has full air breaks , you need agent that specializes in truck insurance . But you will be lookng at $100 a month not a $ 100 a year.

pyro1955

Reminds me of guys that buy motorcycles and then have a heart attack when they call for insurance quotes!
I agree, however, typical when looking was quoted "roughly" by my State Farm Agent $250 a year, for liability only, which is what I'm looking for, now it's $650 a year..... And of course the rest of the companies, if I was willing to Lie to them what I'm using the truck for, I could get the "historic" coverage, that won't really cover anything as I have no intention of going to parades or car shows.... Basically, they are all crooks...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
anyone who says they have one of those things insured with State Farm or Allstate or Progressive or Geico is a liar,

I have had my M915 insured with Progressive for the last year.....I sold it and I just got off the phone with my agent about changing the policy to the M927 (just got the SF97 back from GL). She is supposed to call me back but said it should be no problem.
I told her about your problem and she is going to try to find an agent in your area that will take care of you.
I'll PM you the info when I get it.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I have had my M915 insured with Progressive for the last year.....I sold it and I just got off the phone with my agent about changing the policy to the M927 (just got the SF97 back from GL). She is supposed to call me back but said it should be no problem.
I told her about your problem and she is going to try to find an agent in your area that will take care of you.
I'll PM you the info when I get it.
I have 5 or 6 MVs insured thru Progressive. The local agent cannot get anything military with 3 axles thru the system so she has to email a pic of the vehicle and a supervisor overrides and authorizes.

Haven't had any probs yet with deuces/5tons.

alabamafrog

Oh yea, another problem the agents have is it has no VIN number, the ID number on the data plate does not "fit" into the computers idea of what a VIN number is supposed to be so it kicks it out. The weight and number of axles and lack of VIN is why most agents wont even try.

steelandcanvas

Did you try Gulfway in Florida yet? I took a few photos, filled out their paperwork, wrote them a check, and 2 days later I had Proof of Insurance cards. Don't say anything about not being able to find someone to underwrite you, and don't say you have some big-assed truck either. Answer their questions honestly and see what happens. They don't require garaging either.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Oh yea, another problem the agents have is it has no VIN number, the ID number on the data plate does not "fit" into the computers idea of what a VIN number is supposed to be so it kicks it out. The weight and number of axles and lack of VIN is why most agents wont even try.
That's why ya have to get the agent to call. They can't do it locally...at least here. And ya need to have detailed pics with you.
I take my card outta my camera and the agent can send the company supervisor pics so they know EXACTLY what they are insuring.
Please don't take any shortcuts.

I have a commercial policy for axles/weight but I am restricted from commercial use...figure that one out...lol.

Also...I have a 1K per truck mileage restriction per year and a 200 mile radius.
That all suits me just fine as we only use the trucks for parades and displays anyway...mostly.

Attachments

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh yea, another problem the agents have is it has no VIN number
Has it occurred to you that you are not the only person with a MV that doesn't have a standard 17 digit VIN number? With the exception of CUCVs, none of them do. My M818 has a 9 digit VIN and Gulfway had no problem with it. If the number is not on the dash plate then get it off the frame.

Unless you have a bad driving record I don't see why you are having a problem.

alabamafrog

Has it occurred to you that you are not the only person with a MV that doesn't have a standard 17 digit VIN number? With the exception of CUCVs, none of them do. My M818 has a 9 digit VIN and Gulfway had no problem with it. If the number is not on the dash plate then get it off the frame.

Unless you have a bad driving record I don't see why you are having a problem.
Uh, yea, thats exactly the point I was making, none of them have a "VIN" and I aint the first guy to buy one, especially in this area since they sale 5 to 10 a week here, so why are these agents so clueless!
Right now I am giving one more agent the chance to earn my total insurance business, I'll give him another day or so and if no results I'll try Gulfway. Also I have taken pics of the truck and the ID plate and given them to the agents.

alabamafrog

Why are you waiting for this guy? Your complaint is no luck finding insurance for 8 weeks now. Call Gulfway and get it done already.
I got a whole lot more insurance needs than just the army truck and I only contacted this new guy last Friday, he says he has got all of my other insurance figured out and sent the paperwork in for the army truck yesterday, he says its a done deal, IF he can't get it completely done real soon then I will contact Gulfway and figure out the rest of my insurance needs separately. I want an agent that can take care of all of my needs and who is willing to earn my business no matter what it takes, this army truck thing is proving to be a heck of a good test.

carbonraptor

INsurance Problems

allright... ur in luck.. i just got insurance on my m923.. does not require a garage either and i can drive unlimited miles.. u need to call chubbs collectors insurance.. talk to lisa at extension 2351 she helped me and she can prolly help you.. 280 for the year on full covereage.. ... this took me a whole weeek and calling many many many different companies.. .so far this is the best bet.. hope this helps oh and.. if you could too... please tell her ryan referred you :D:D:D:D might get me some cudos points there

best regards,
Ryan

(newly acuired M923A1 and M925A1)

cx65083

I just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico!

Ok, I didnt 'switch' to Geico. I still have my regular car insurance through my regular insurance folks. But I got a tip and gave it a try.

I did the online application for Geico. I just used "other make" and filled in AM General and for model typed in M813a2. Same with the serial number.

Got a call from a real person the next day! The rate was a bit higher because of some tickets. Even 4-5 years ago... they still bite you in the Butt! But I was able to print out my temp insurance card this morning and LEGALLY drive into town.

So instead of calling and asking a real person and telling them its a big green army truck..... tell the dumb computer instead. When I got the call from a real person, they didnt even ask about the vehicle.

And since it was liability only...No garage needed. (not that it would fit anyway!)

Best of luck to everyone.

davidald

I called Progressive and they wanted $1200/yr. (500/500/100) here in GA. Called State Farm and they did it for $253/yr. (100/300/100) no problems no issues. No garage

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
allright... ur in luck.. i just got insurance on my m923.. does not require a garage either and i can drive unlimited miles.. u need to call chubbs collectors insurance.. talk to lisa at extension 2351 she helped me and she can prolly help you.. 280 for the year on full covereage.. ... this took me a whole weeek and calling many many many different companies.. .so far this is the best bet.. hope this helps oh and.. if you could too... please tell her ryan referred you :D:D:D:D might get me some cudos points there

best regards,
Ryan

(newly acuired M923A1 and M925A1)
Sometimes I hate to point things out like but here goes anyway since I'm on the admins side on this.

From the forum rules.

• Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation. Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English. It is extra work to post proper sentences from a smartphone but the result will be greatly appreciated. Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks