• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8 weeks and still no insurance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelandcanvas

I want an agent that can take care of all of my needs and who is willing to earn my business no matter what it takes, this army truck thing is proving to be a heck of a good test.
Soemtimes that isn't feasible, I would like my Agent to carry my truck on a company policy (home, auto, etc) also, but they won't insure the truck. If your Agent does find somebody, he's just going to ad that special coverage into your policy, and charge you every month to do it. Save yourself a few bucks and get your own coverage.

alabamafrog

Nope, I got 3 houses, 1 truck and half my business uninsured right now, all my other policies are up for renewal in a week. Apparently the agents around here have too much business and don't want or need mine. If it takes more than 9 weeks to get quotes and policies then I can only imagine what would happen if I needed help or had a claim.

cx65083

I added mine through Geico online! They even have a drop down memu for AM General. If you dont get it, just select other and type it in. The real live person that called me a few hours later didnt even ask about the truck... just looked at my driving record.
I too would keep the big truck insurance seperate. If something does happen (Lord forbid) it wont effect your other assets.

lost in the bush

HI

I just now in the last 5 minutes had gotten an online quote from Geico and Progressive for my M109A4
Geico with min. 25/50/25 coverage was $491.00.. with needed liab. of $1M cost was $991,
Progressive with 1M coverage $761.00.

What they do not state in previous postings - You must click on Commercial Auto in order to have the ability to list AM General etc.

Insurance is out there, perhaps not at the price you want. Also being a businessman ou must be aware that most agents can not handle all risks. Our Business coverage is thru 4 different companies in order to handle all the risks.

Our personal coverage is presently with two companies and now that we have the MV virus will be three.

My advise for what it may be worth, I just Get R Done whatever it takes. and start enjoying the Green on the road.

I am still waiting on the title paperwork so I can only drive around the property.;-)

lost in the bush

5 minutes later

Hagerty Collectors Vec insurance

100/300/100
med pay 1000
uninsured and underinsured BI 100K/ 300K
Uninsured property 10K
15K value to M109a4 no deductible comp or coll
Something about $750 spare parts coverage up to $750.00 covered as well at no charge.

10 Mile from home tow $461,00 per year with 125 mile from home Tow $526.00

Increase liab to 250K /500K is $8.00 per year.. do not offer $1M coverage is only disadvantage.

lost in the bush

I added mine through Geico online! They even have a drop down memu for AM General. If you dont get it, just select other and type it in. The real live person that called me a few hours later didnt even ask about the truck... just looked at my driving record.
I too would keep the big truck insurance seperate. If something does happen (Lord forbid) it wont effect your other assets.

Unfortunately having coverage with different companies will not protect your assets.. When it comes to law suits it is all a matter of what you own, co-own and control.

lost in the bush

To continue with all my Blah blah blah

Changed to $1000K deductible lowered to $448 per with high limits

$5K comp or collision coverage and cost is $405 per year

So may as well keep Zero deductibles.

Last post unless I find something dramatically lower

lost in the bush

Today I just insured 1993 M109A4 with Allstate $119.00 per 6 months.

Second choice would have been the quote with Hagerty Insurance.. Ihave used them in the past for custom vec.

Once I custom the deuce I will switch to Hagerty, because Allstate and most other companies will not cover for a stated value.

SHe is covered and per email Title is on the way. rofl

alabamafrog

I contacted Gulfway last Friday, received a form in my email almost immediately. I filled it out, scanned it and emailed it back Friday night. They emailed me the following Wednesday and apologized that it was taking so long but they were dealing with hurricane Debbie. They then quoted me $190 a year and sent me some more forms. I had to fill out the rest of the forms and snail mail them along with a check and email them pictures of the truck from all four sides. I am now awaiting the final decision and hopefully proof of insurance. (So I still aint gots no insurance yet)

I heard from the local Farmers agent yesterday, he said his search for info about Gulfway turned up nothing and he was giving up on finding me insurance, took him over 3 weeks then he gave up and never did send me rental house quotes, he was twice as much on my normal trucks as the other farmers agent.

I'm still fighting to get insurance on my rental houses and main house and business and workers comp and and and!
I'm getting quotes that are all over the place, some very quickly and some taking forever, every agent has some good and some bad and some quick and some they can't find.
I'm starting to hate insurance agents almost as bad as I hate Lawyers and Realtors.

Gunner0311

No equal treatment`

It does appear we all get different treatment when dealing with insurance agents.
Even agent from the same company give wildly different answers when we ask to insure an old military vehicle. One Allstate agent gives someone insurance and my
agent flat out denied me-giving the "we will not insure a commercial vehicle" quote.

I am beginning to think it simply depends on the attitude of the agent you talk to
on any given day....

PROGRESSIVE advertises who "diverse" their coverage is, but they would not insure
my M52A2 ??aua

alabamafrog

I finally got my insurance card!!!!!
I got it on the 3rd so I was able to drive around for the 4th!
Thanks to all the help and the tip about Gulfway was great, they were amazing, took care of me fast and easy and even apologized that it was taking so long. Took about 6 business days to get it all done including snail mailing time for the forms and the check.
I got a commercial policy for $190 a year.
They said I should have my policy in the mail in around 2 weeks, I'm hoping that there will be no unforeseen issues when I read through it.
Thanks so much,

Now I still gotta figure out all my other insurance issues.

alabamafrog

It does appear we all get different treatment when dealing with insurance agents.
Even agent from the same company give wildly different answers when we ask to insure an old military vehicle. One Allstate agent gives someone insurance and my
agent flat out denied me-giving the "we will not insure a commercial vehicle" quote.

I am beginning to think it simply depends on the attitude of the agent you talk to
on any given day....

PROGRESSIVE advertises who "diverse" their coverage is, but they would not insure
my M52A2 ??aua
Aint that right, and its not just insurance, seems like everything I do has more to do with the luck of who answers the phone then it does with anything else. Just the other day I called to have Charter cable internet ran to my bunker location and the representative on the phone said they do not offer internet at my address, I argued for a while then gave up. A few days later I tried again and I'm now using that internet connection with no issues. And forget calling my local Lowes and asking if they have something in stock or not, no matter what the answer is you still have no real idea until you go there yourself.
Seems like these companies would figure out that when you hire idiots to answer the phones nothing good can come of it.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Insurance sorted!

Having originally got a written quote for $68 a year from JC Taylor, they rejected the application, sent everything back with a letter saying "Oversize trucks and trailer tractors are not eligible for our program" though when I questioned the next paragraph: "Please resubmit for coverage when the vehicle has been fully restored..." saying it was contradictory to the first reason, they said that the 'resubmit' part was an error. Well that got a big fat "click brrrrrrrr" from me!

So - contacted the local State farm person... long story, came away today with a historic policy for $106 for 6 months at an agreed value. I did offer to have the truck "wear" some of their decals or reflective stickers at next years parade as an appreciation for them being accomodating. It's a straight historic policy, not the 'historic commercial' that I had heard about.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.