802/803 fuel pump fittings

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

69birdman

20190201_200539.jpg20180124_125132.jpg

It's been discussed that the Airtex e1074 is the replacement fuel pump for 802/803s , but where do I find the specs of replacement fuel line ? (Circled parts)
Nsn #s lead to no actual description of said parts. Or did I overlook it somewhere, crosseyed from chasing #s.
Thanks
Brian

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

I do not know if a part # was assigned to it. They had it all as a complete replacement kit which was a reset item. It was made to replace the square Facet pump.

MEP-802/803 fuel pump

The 800 series TQG has 2 different fuel pumps. The older style is a square Facet electric fuel pump. The newer style is a round Airtex E1074 fuel pump. This is the primary pump location item. A lot of the units already have these mounted, or have been replaced with the round Airtex fuel pump.

MEP-802A fuel pump (primary)

MEP-812A fuel pump (primary)

MEP-803A fuel pump (primary)

MEP-813A fuel pump (primary)

The picture below shows the components.

airtex E1074 24v fuel pump.jpg

NSN 2910-01-565-9234 E 1074 PUMP,FUEL,ELECTRICAL 24V (pump only)

NSN 2910-01-553-6571 FILTER ELEMENT,FLUID (small barrel filter only)

NSN 2910-01-491-1340 PARTS KIT,METERING AND DISTRIBUTING FUEL PUMP (full replacement kit = pump, filter, and steel line piping*(approx. 4 inch piece)

I also talked with Airtex about the unit. They are hooked with Southern Automotive.

I called them, they want nothing to do with it, unless you are buying 100 units.

The NSN 2910-01-491-1340 is the full Facet replacement kit. It has the pump and the little 4 inch hard line connector.

I wanted a full kit as a spare, but not finding it.
:(
At one time some were sold here ( old listing )

Last edited:

Kenny0

In my opinion, if you didn't want to keep it original. I would just use an elbow and a hose barb fitting, cut the steel line and put in a diesel rated rubber fuel line and call that good. Use a tubing cutter on the steel line, not a hack saw or abrasive wheel. Even though the steel line isn't barbed or have the knob on the end, because of the low pressure a hose clamp would hold out just fine. If you wanted extra insurance just double hose clamp that end. That would also act as a vibration dampener.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my opinion, if you didn't want to keep it original. I would just use an elbow and a hose barb fitting, cut the steel line and put in a diesel rated rubber fuel line and call that good. Use a tubing cutter on the steel line, not a hack saw or abrasive wheel. Even though the steel line isn't barbed or have the knob on the end, because of the low pressure a hose clamp would hold out just fine. If you wanted extra insurance just double hose clamp that end. That would also act as a vibration dampener.
Putting a flare on the end of steel tubing to help hold a rubber hose from slipping off is pretty easy. If you dont have a flaring kit, Autozone will loan you the tool for free.

If one is going to get involved with hard lines, might just as well just get the right fittings and do the complete circuit.

pjwest03

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PTFE braided stainless is cheap enough these days. It should outlast the generator and/or the owner.

69birdman

Thanks for the help guys, "Demoh" clued me in on the fitting size to my existing lines -4AN or 1/4" JIC to 1/8" NPT. I can get the 4" hardline made at a Carquest store. Thanks all, I'll post pictures & description of parts when I gather it all.

Bmxenbrett

You can make steel lines easy enough with vehicle brake line and flare kit. Copper nickel line is wonderfull stuff to work with.

I think this fuel system is around 12psi max so even rubber fuel hose with hose clamps would be fine. That pump just lifts fuel to the injection pumps.

Demoh

Thanks for the help guys, "Demoh" clued me in on the fitting size to my existing lines -4AN or 1/4" JIC to 1/8" NPT. I can get the 4" hardline made at a Carquest store. Thanks all, I'll post pictures & description of parts when I gather it all.
To add info because it causes me a headache and may save some people in the future:

-4 AN on the inside of the generators, and the aux hoses are the next size up being -5 AN. IDK if that holds true for anything bigger than an 803, but just an observation on the smaller ones. My 006 is -5 internally so far.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the low limit is hit, and if it AUX mode, it will activate the aux pump. If you are just in run though, nothing will happen.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For anyone interested, not the short rigid line in question... but (1) of the long rigid lines off these sets is up on the big auction site right now under the search term '[FONT=&quot]MEP-803A Hard Fuel Line '.[/FONT]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks