• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802a no start from switch and no power at lugs.

aredman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a diagram that ought to speed finding out why K2 isn't operating from S1.
The blue box's indicate the base wire number for each wire.
The red numbers in the yellow box's indicate the terminal on each component that the wire is connected to.

Not shown is actual path from S7-2 to K2-X1.
Here is the actual path for that....
S7-2 ------------TB5-20 -------------------- J6-20 / P6-20 -------------- K2-X1

Simply probe along the path with S1 in START to determine where you losing the 24 volts to K2-X1

View attachment 915905
I got power at terminal 9 on K16. Not sure where to look after that. K16 doesn’t physically move.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If all is working properly you should have 24 volts at K16 terminal 6 with the set NOT running and S1 in START assuming there are no fault lights illuminated.

If there are NO fault lights AND you move S1 from OFF to PRIME/Run and back you should see K16 move. If it doesn't then S14 is the next suspect.

** corrected

Last edited:

aredman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If all is working properly you should have 24 volts at K16 terminal 6 with the set NOT running and S1 in Prime/Run assuming there are no fault lights illuminated.

If there are NO fault lights AND you move S1 from OFF to PRIME/Run and back you should see K16 move. If it doesn't then S14 is the next suspect.
Meant to say I get 24 volts at terminal 9 when I put in start position.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I corrected my previous post.

If all is working properly you should have 24 volts at K16 terminal 6 with the set NOT running and S1 in START assuming there are no fault lights illuminated.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pages I mentioned yesterday...

If anyone wants the two PDF files with the info below feel free to shoot me a PM with your email address. - Kurt

I can also send a Excel spreadsheet of the wiring for the 802A/803A. It lists component to component wiring and wire number to component. It has two tabs.
It's something that @Guyfang and I worked on a few years ago to come up with a hopefully accurate Excel file depicting the wiring. Useful for troubleshooting!

View attachment 915936

View attachment 915937

View attachment 915938

View attachment 915939

View attachment 915940

View attachment 915941

View attachment 915942

View attachment 915943

View attachment 915944

View attachment 915945
PM sent.
Thanks,
Tom.

aredman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I corrected my previous post.

Well maybe dumb question, am I suppose to be testing at actual terminals on relay or wires with Phillips screws.

Attachments

aredman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well maybe dumb question, am I suppose to be testing at actual terminals on relay or wires with Phillips screws.
Well I just found another s-14 and swapped and she fired right up. Must have been pro
Screws with wires on them
Well I just found another s-14 switch and swapped, and she fired right up. That’s my problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks