• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

803A Hard to start

jamawieb

So out of curiosity, was the hard line plugged near the Banjo fitting and no fuel is passing to the metering pumps? Or are you saying the tube is clogged near the far end and the fuel can not reach the bypass that goes up to the injector returns? If you are only talking about the bypass to the injectors, I've seen several that were blocked off, but not with junk, they appeared to be blocked from the manufacturing process, possibly with brazing or something as I had to drill a tiny hole through the end. Not sure if it is supposed to be sealed off by design or not.
It was blocked somewhere in the middle of the tube. I could not blow air through the end starting at the return line and could not blow air through the 1st 2 rubber lines closest to the return line.

jamawieb

Hard to say. If some fuel had a lot of water in it, it would cause rust quickly. Mainly clogged due to the manufacture process.

quartermeter

Hard to say. If some fuel had a lot of water in it, it would cause rust quickly. Mainly clogged due to the manufacture process.
Were those joints welded or silver soldered?
There shouldn’t have been any accumulation between the two joints. If it was welded it should’ve been right at the joint.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never studied this hard line that closely, but its possible that its a brazed assembly (which could cause for minute amounts of material to flow through the joint and down into the tube.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks