• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

803A workout

69birdman

20180206_152945_001.jpg
I put my mule to work yesterday. Started it up, got it up to temperature, plugged in the stove and started with broiler (3400watts) for 15 minutes. Then added 2 small burners (2400watts) ran that for 2 hours. My percentage rate meter does not seem to move much at all. Gained a couple degrees in engine temperature. Then I put the other 2 large burners (5200watts) to it, total 11,000watts for half an hour, ran great ! Gained a couple more degrees of temperature to 190°, dropped a couple oil psi to 38. Voltage at lugs varried between 239-241, L1 =121 L3=119. Hz only moved half a Hz up or down, percentage meter finally moved some, but only read 30%. After that I backed it down to the original 3400watts for 15 minutes then took it back up to 7000watts for another half hour, then turned load off, for a 15 minute cool down before shutting it off. I'm very pleased with it's performance !

jamawieb

You've got one of the old style gauges for the percent load gauge. Since it was able to take the load without popping the overload light, I would say the gauge is faulty. Usually its the S8 (reconnection switch) that needs to be cleaned when the gauge is not working properly but 90% of the time, you'll also pop the overload fault if that is the issue. Just for reference, at 11,000 watts the gauge will be reading a little above 80% load because at 10,000 watts it will read 80% exactly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks