• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

806B Acting really weird.

Guyfang

Staff member
Sure hate to say it, but once the RESET switch is thrown, that PWR LED on the ESD Is supposed to lite. Either an input to the I/O is not there or the I/O is bad. Do you have a known good gen set to swap out the I&O, just for a test?

UnderhoodGSE

Sure hate to say it, but once the RESET switch is thrown, that PWR LED on the ESD Is supposed to lite. Either an input to the I/O is not there or the I/O is bad. Do you have a known good gen set to swap out the I&O, just for a test?
The I/O is the board directly behind the screen right? If so we did install a new one and the one we took out of it put in a different one and works fine.
We also installed a new circuit transformer.

Just a recap of issue
-no voltage displayed on phase A.
-no frequency displayed.
-actual voltage and frequency is correct when tested with multimeter at contactor.
-cantactor won't close (because volts/hZ not displaying I think?)
-Gen led on the load sharing (A2 board) is no turning on while it's running.

I'm starting to think it's the backpane itself...

Guyfang

Staff member
The backplane would be my next step. Look at the backplane anyway. Look for cracks, in the middle, top of the board.

Thats the problem with the B-Models. There is no real testing. You change things till it works. Thats why all units had at least two of everything hidden in footlockers, and there was a massive shortage of said parts the entire time these sets have been in use. Only now, when they are getting rid of some, has the supply problem started to "get better".

UnderhoodGSE

Well I found out I'm an idiot, I guess those little wires on top of the main wires on the contactor is what let's the systems know what the voltage is... See attached picture. The wires were rubbing the air cleaner and actually cut that wire. Gonna get the wire fixed tomorrow and we should be good.

Attachments