• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

816 stuck in Louisiana's finest gumbo mud

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shoulda called Frodo, he coulda had you out in no time(scratch that, in 3 months!)

dittle

No frodo could have shown you how to make a good anchor point for the front winch......if it was operational :shock:

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I'd certainly be investigating why the shear pin didn't protect the front winch. That flaw in a 2 dollar item cost you big bucks.

Regards,
David Doyle

derby

I seem to remember a post as of late that a fella said you can't stick a five ton. Well...... Also I don't think that Cat has 9 lives! Glad you are out and no one was hurt. I got in a little pickle last week end. had the truck on a 30 degree angle stuck in the creek flats and backed into a tree stump. 20 degrees out and run out of fuel, as it all ran to the back of the tank UUUGH. got it out with only a broken tail light.[thumbzup]

bigford

I can't believe you got that beast stuck. I know it can happen...
Finally got (most) of the computer problems sorted out, and a little time off from work these days to get back on-line once in a while now.
Happy cleaning!!

bryan70546

wow mr.tim thats was some mess glad your out and ok buddy. Also I will sending your package soon as i get back from offshore.the one for the cover and the spare tire you sent me.:mrgreen:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i had made a deal on a replacement winch but the man didnt wait on me. so still looking for a spare 5ton winch. and on another truck i need a chain, hook and clevis for the 5ton winch got the top broken peices coming from justin over in houston with trailboss doing the hauling as he comes back.. it will all work out Tim

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the truck can out the hole for one instance... then the biggest.. loudest bam. pop bam that i have ever heard... the oil leaking out under the winch now is a sure sigh of problems . thanks guys for the offers.. and next time ill be sure to shout out.. alot of pms came in wanting to know why i didnt call in all the guys to help... ummm that could have been a nice BBQ!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks