• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

816 VS 819

madsam

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Can someone please help me.

I like that paint job. Maybe when I get my 816, I could paint it white and red like that.

45K winch in fron and back... cool.

I know a lot of people think it is a shame to modify a m125, but it probably is a business decision. Is it cheaper to put something like that together or buy a new large wrecker for 200k. It is better than scraping the m125 for the steel.

My truck is going to be a work truck. The first thing it will get is a snow plow blade. Then maybe paint.

Monty

No matter now he sold the truck for 2500.00, I might get to take a look at it when I go to pick up a winch I bought from him.
Thanks to everyone who replied.
Chad

Yeah, And it's not a M62 crane. It is a M543. He also lists the rear winch at 65K only 45K. The V8 gas is a Leroy. I don't think they had a Mack gas. It was a Leroy gas or V8 Cummins diesel.

Monty

I went and picked up my winch, and took a look at the wrecker. It's a M62 with the 6602 continental gas engine, it needs some TLC but it could be mine (the other buyer backed out).
What would be a fair price for it? I was told everything works but have yet to verify it, I was told the only problem with it is the brakes.
I know where's the pics; I'll try to get some posted.
Thanks

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Side question: since I saw Rob's M819 this past weekend at Rausch Creek, I'm curious. Does anyone have a picture of an M819 with the correct trailer behind it? Haven't seen it anywhere....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know the trailers most often used were the M269 and M270 but I have no pics with them coupled. IIRC J Waller has an M270.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
no, just the arrival, that week was real busy, ill post some more the next time im home, DD ill get those pics that you asked for also

Monty

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Can someone please help me.

Monty said:
I went and picked up my winch, and took a look at the wrecker. It's a M62 with the 6602 continental gas engine, it needs some TLC but it could be mine (the other buyer backed out).
What would be a fair price for it? I was told everything works but have yet to verify it, I was told the only problem with it is the brakes.
I know where's the pics; I'll try to get some posted.
Thanks
Anyone have an Idea of a fair price? I'd like to get some other people's input on this before I offer to low and miss a deal.
Thanks again

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Can someone please help me.

Anywhere between 750.00 and 16,000. What did the guy who backed out offer?

M1075

Since the previous deal was $2500, I think about $2500 would be close!

Monty

That's what I thought until he told me that it was just for the rear bed and boom, i was going to take him 3k cash and see if he bites.
Plus I need to trailer this thing home which will run another 500.00.
thanks for the replys

jwaller

somebody could photoshop my trailer and an 819 and you'd have a good idea of the 80' of mess running down the road.

M1075

I owned the M819 and M270 combo recently, but never had both pieces in the same state! The trailer is sold. The M819 is for sale now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks