• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

818 dead on I70 exit 39(update, problems fixed)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since no one has posted any pictures, I thought that I would post one.

I had the same problem happen on a recovery. Coming back from Little Rock to OKC our lead driver had a blowout on the M52 that was towing an M818.

We "borrowed" a tire from the M818 and limped 8 miles to a parking lot. We left the old gal and used M1075's M816 to bring her home.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/42225-arkansas-recovery-good-bad.html

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/5-ton-up/42611-recovery-wounded-soldier.html

Nothing like the SS Brotherhood.

Attachments

oilcan

Wow.

The trip home went swimmngly, except for a little hopping from the slightly out-of-round spare tire that replaced the busted one. We made a few short stops to check everything and ended up at the mine around 11pm or so. Luckily the rain held off until we were about an hour out.

We'll get the deuce prepped to drive out in the next few days. It shouldn't take much.

That Adam was waaaayyyy more help than anyone could've expected. Can't say enough about the guy. I'll probably be out that way at some point. Hope to square things up a little better.

I sure wish someone would've tried (or tried harder) to wake me up yesterday morning. I don't really like being left out of working on my own truck... I think they might have needed dynamite to do it, though.
:deadhorse:

Oh, I need to add a pic from the trip. (I didn't use a flash)

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A flash might have made the little bugger nervous........

Glad your back and hats off to Adam for the help.

steve

davidkroberts

congrats on the recovery as eventful as it is. This is one of the reasons why i stay with this forum, Most of us have never met but i wouldnt hesitate to help out anyone who needed it while they were passing through this area.

I like the idea of having breakdowns be a sticky until resolved. Didnt we have a member map on the old web forum where you could look up people by area? Seems i remember that

Nice shot of Clingy. Lol we figured you'd be better off sleepin a little longer. :lol::lol: You looked alittle whooped after the :driver: to my place at 3am. lol We had it covered anyway I think I can disassemble and reassemble a 5 ton axle with my eyes closed. Just gotta watch out for those spindle studs with a woody. :oops::hammer:;-);-);-):lol:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Nice shot of Clingy. Lol we figured you'd be better off sleepin a little longer. :lol::lol: You looked alittle whooped after the :driver: to my place at 3am. lol We had it covered anyway I think I can disassemble and reassemble a 5 ton axle with my eyes closed. Just gotta watch out for those spindle studs with a woody. :oops::hammer:;-);-);-):lol:
Hats off to you, great job!

hdexpert

Boy, what a trip!!! Adam has quite the setup at his place and boy does he know 5 ton axles!!! I really do believe in the concept of pay it forward and will always help people in need. Adam and his wife are great people who deserve much praise for their efforts. Oh, if anyone needs grease, pm Adam!!!