• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

86 M35a2 with a '66 engine? Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCKnife

Only the motorpool guys know for sure...it's anybody's guess. We could give you some, but that's all they'd be. Could be that the truck is a '66 overhauled in '86 but...???

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
The PO says this is the original engine... so is the truck's year a lie? or did the original engine get replaced with an ...older .. one..?
so the PO has had this truck since it was new? how else would he 'know' that? by now the truck could be anything! mine is a 1967, but was built with all new parts in 2006, so what year is it?

important things to look for: year on the axle data tags, year on the engine data plate. then after that remember condition is everything, so year does not really matter much.

ctappan94

so the PO has had this truck since it was new? how else would he 'know' that? by now the truck could be anything! mine is a 1967, but was built with all new parts in 2006, so what year is it?

important things to look for: year on the axle data tags, year on the engine data plate. then after that remember condition is everything, so year does not really matter much.

my Issue is that I was told everything on it was from 86, and that he completely restored the vehicle. Everything on the truck is rotting and falling apart, so yes, to me, finding out the year matters. also, for purposes of legality, matching vins MATTER. ...!?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the vin on the frame match the title ?
That is the legal vin

Data plates can be bought and stamped for $20.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Frame vin does not match the title. What the Heck do I do?
If you bought it off e-bay file a dispute before your 45 days run out and if paid by credit card contact them along with the seller.. Looks like you have a big problem on your hands

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
First, did you see it before you paid for it?? That is pretty important. Someone once taught me to treat things like everyone lies. Still condition is really everything, they are all the same regardless of year. Did it come with a title?? Tell us you did not buy a truck without a title. Even so there are many simple solutions that are legal. You can register it in Maine and then with that registration title it in another state, or buy a registration from Alabama. It all depends on what New Jersey wants regarding inspection. In Maryland you don't have any inspection for vehicles over 20 years old. (stupid right?) If you just got it, I am sure you have many courses of action, as long as you didn't pay cash. Good luck.

ctappan94

First, did you see it before you paid for it?? That is pretty important. Someone once taught me to treat things like everyone lies. Still condition is really everything, they are all the same regardless of year. Did it come with a title?? Tell us you did not buy a truck without a title. Even so there are many simple solutions that are legal. You can register it in Maine and then with that registration title it in another state, or buy a registration from Alabama. It all depends on what New Jersey wants regarding inspection. In Maryland you don't have any inspection for vehicles over 20 years old. (stupid right?) If you just got it, I am sure you have many courses of action, as long as you didn't pay cash. Good luck.
I did unfortunately buy it off Ebay. We are sending a letter from our attorney to the seller.. This is entirely unfortunate as he stated it was in 'excellent' condition and that it was 'completely restored' in the past few months. However, there's significant accumulation of frame rot, body rot, seal rot, mechanical troubles, and electrical troubles as well. We were going to ask for 3 thousand back. However the seller is treating it as if nothing happened and now with the title troubles, the necessity to acquire more is inevitable.... I may have criminal/legal issues regarding this truck :( It's a shame because even though it's in TERRIBLE condition, I love it.. love is an understatement.

But yes we are also contacting Ebay and have had multiple documented accounts with the seller. I'm obviously not going to mention the name out of respect.

ctappan94

I did unfortunately buy it off Ebay. We are sending a letter from our attorney to the seller.. This is entirely unfortunate as he stated it was in 'excellent' condition and that it was 'completely restored' in the past few months. However, there's significant accumulation of frame rot, body rot, seal rot, mechanical troubles, and electrical troubles as well. We were going to ask for 3 thousand back. However the seller is treating it as if nothing happened and now with the title troubles, the necessity to acquire more is inevitable.... I may have criminal/legal issues regarding this truck :( It's a shame because even though it's in TERRIBLE condition, I love it.. love is an understatement.

But yes we are also contacting Ebay and have had multiple documented accounts with the seller. I'm obviously not going to mention the name out of respect.

It included a title but the title did not even have the seller's name. The seller is supposedly a 'dealer,' yet there is no dealer signature of any sort -

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It appears that the only "thing" you own is the TITLE ! Very wise to get some legal advise , man what a can of worms . If I might ask is the dealer in the SAME state as you ? If not then that really gets to be a PITA . I would also speak with YOUR AG and Postal Inspector about a fraudulent sale , this is a CRIME , i.e. wire fraud , mail fraud . Do NOT let this go , you need to do certain things to protect your rights , good luck , bob k

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
Wait, you are not going to tell us HIS name out of respect?? I don't get it, what respect? Give us his name and everything else as long as it is true. You may save someone else the same misery! There are many other trucks for sale, so if this one was grossly misrepresented, sue the pants off the seller.

welldigger

What the seller did would be the same as me selling my truck "fully restored" cause it was depot rebuilt in 91'. Of course I'm neglecting to mention the military continued to use the truck for almost 15 years before being sent to DRMO. Plus a private owner for a few years before I acquired it.

ctappan94

hahahahha I can't mention his name until it's all over due to legality. If he returns the money, I will inform everyone of the issues along with the name of the seller assuming he satisfies my requests. If he doesn't and this goes to court, you'll obviously get a name. He's a resident of FL and 'restores' these trucks..

ctappan94

Thank you everyone for your support. We paid via check.. it was odd because when I asked if we could pay via credit, pay pal, or Am ex, instead of saying 'no,' he neglected it and wrote 'checks or cash only' ... very robotic answer. He was very un-helpful and forced me to wait about 10 days until every last cent of the check cleared.. wouldn't allow me to send the shippers till then.. It appears he removed the PTO as well because there's a large hole in the floor. .. Name a part, it's broken or rotted. I bought new headlights and tail lights, turn sigs, etc... ALL of the wires rotted off before I got to put the new ones on... lol. 13 grand I paid for this thing....13 grand... and the bondo is noticeable everywhere. he wants me to contact the shippers about all 40 major issues. yes 40.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this the truck you posted about with the rear mounted intake?

Bobbed?

Status
Not open for further replies.