• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

86 M35a2 with a '66 engine? Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctappan94

Yes sir, unfortunately it is. Please do not mention the name of the seller if you personally know him either via the forum or otherwise. As I said, I'd like to keep it on the 'down low' until it's resolved.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He has NO TRUCK , what he has is a title to god knows what , is this person a REAL dealer or did he jump title ? Florida has DMV investigators , that's what they do , this is out and out FRAUD ! I would be going the criminal route , nothing like a set of bracelets and a little gray bar motel to get some ones attention ! This individual set up this scam and I am SURE he did it before . Man you really have to be careful with those flea bay sales .

ctappan94

well I do have the vehicle in my possession... It's just not... legitimate in any sort of way, shape, or form. and Criminal route doesn't return my 13 thousand :/

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it's as easy to figure out as to simply look at your previous posts.

I bet you never buy a truck over 1000 miles away without inspecting it in person, ever again.

Our site rules restrict posting about any litigation, so if that's where your headed,you need to stop posting about it here.

You should have bought a local truck from George Mehan.

ctappan94

I'd upload a thread of pics for you all if I knew how, but I took 20 something pictures.. gas tank rot, frame rot, body rot, ripped 'new soft top,' no working lights, actually one headlight works...worked.. rather. lol. cracked 'new' window glass..rotted seals. rotted tires... wood block chocks as a lift and bed rest.. HMMM...brakes have ZERO sensitivty, trans grinds in every gear. two functioning gauges, every gauge painted over... broken air tank drain plugs .. air tank spews oil all over.. rust is EVERYwhere.. holes in floor pans... no horn...NO parking brake..he said it didn't fit with the 'new' SRT leather seats...(they're ripped at the seams), ...so he removed the whole brake...? Rotted out radiator... all hoses and electrical wire dry rotted through.. rusted out intake ..you name it I got it :) .. spent 5k in repairs thus far... needs a whole paint job though..a real one.

ctappan94

I'm not going to post about litigation lol, hence why I said no names -- and you BETCHA! Always going to go see the vehicle beforehand. This was a nightmare - and who's george mehan?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, you've spent $18000 so far?

George is a vendor on this site and dealer of trucks. Located in Toms River NJ.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The criminal route IS the way to go and yes they can and do get your money , if he is a registered dealer he should be BONDED , you would go against his bond . Does your legal person have any DMV/title experience ? most don't , and do not have a clue about DMV/Title Law . Trust me , it's what I did for 31 years . The truck you have does NOT belong to you , how do you know if it's stolen and/or has stolen parts . You need to step back and look at the big picture . PM if you want I would be more than happy to give you some advise . BTW , forget the money , if you get ANYTHING back that's great , most times you win the battle but lose the war , Bob k

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure you could have bought one from C&C Equiptment for that much too.

I hate to say it but, you should have asked for help with this before buying.

Research time is time well spent(with no money spent).

ctappan94

Hood/Reg. number?? Where do I find it if my data plate is one big lie :/

My data plate is false. I found the vin on the frame rail but where exactly do I scrape off paint to find the registration/hood number? I searched all over and cant seem to find it

Thanks

EWhytsell

Normally the registration number is painted on the inside doors too.

Is it possible that by submitting the vin number to the "vin number thread", CARNAC might help you get the rest of the information. Sorry if he needs more to go on.

Diecorpse

I hope you get you situation figured out. If I was you, I wouldn't put anything else into this truck. If it is stolen, or whatever, you would be putting time and money into something you might not legally own. Buying expensive items off of Ebay or Craigslist can be very risky. I always prefer to buy things like that through dealers or someone who has a good and honest reputation, especially if preferred by someone you know or trust. Sometimes, we have to learn from our mistakes, the least you can do is learn from it. Good luck!!

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed , do not spend any MORE money , in the end , if you end up with some type of ownership , you could part out the MV , maybe recoup some of your money .

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Words of wisdom for what it's worth , " Easier to stay out of trouble than to get out of trouble once you get in " been there done that , it is no fun and in the end ,you HOPE you get something out of it . I don't know if he has a "BETTER HALF" but man MY better half would be talking about " MY HERITAGE " big time !

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks