• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

88 A2C all the way home.

greenjeepster

I got my new truck home today. I won it from GL at fort Jackson and had it trucked to NJ, then went down and drove it up the last 85 miles home. She fired right up with two new batteries, and ran great all the way home, even hit 62 mph a few times according to the GPS.

So overall a good truck, needs some work though. I have 5 tires in bad need of replacement. I have to put the gauges back together. thankfully they did not cut the wires so I just have to sort out which ones go where. It has a busted rear tail light, busted turn signal switch and the generator isn't charging.

Brakes are tight and I did get some surprises with it.

Has a functioning jack and lug wrench, also has three triangles in new condition.
and had two of these it it, hope they will take a charge.

The second pick is my son, ready for the zombies.

Attachments

Bolkbich

i Im glad you didnt have any problems. Boy im glad i didnt see that fella in the second picture running around the farm. i woulda been skeered fer sure.

greenjeepster

He got the goggles for Christmas, they are from the Pixar movie Prep and Landing. He loves those things. Dieselbob; you can get a set at the Disney store.

DeucesWild11

Congrats on your new Deuce! Good to have someone else up here in the NE.. We're only about 45 min from each other! Perhaps with some more people up here we can get a rally together in the spring!:beer:

DeucesWild11

Cool, and if I am ever planning on riding west on 84 I'll give ya a holler. I got a buddy in Newtown that I may take a visit to at some point with the Deuce... My son loves the new tires !

Attachments

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the recovery and successful trip home!

Greenjeepster: Re: your signature line - the ultimate show of manhood is when your kids love you enough to want to be just like you! Good job!

[thumbzup]

DeucesWild11

Don't know just yet.. Have't taken it out on the highway after the new tires were put on. I have to go through the brake system first to make sure all is OK. Got leaks in the two front brake lines and had some issues with the brakes locking up so I want to take off the drums and inspect first before driving too far.. I just take around the neighborhood for now.. However it should get up to 60 with those tires possibly a little better..

Heavysteven

I would check the alternator, make sure there are not bolts and nuts loose. I replaced/adjusted my belts and adjusted the voltage regulator. Since then mines been working perfectly. When I first got my truck it alomost fell off.

Best advice for getting the rest of your part is at an MV show.

Congradualtions on your truck.

greenjeepster

Thanks for the link emmando

I poked around today trying to get the gauges all hooked back up, I am missing part of the wire harness or something. I got the voltage meter hooked up and the dash lights, but that is it. I don't have enough connections to connect the fuel, oil, and temp gauges.

Tried to find the wire harness schematic in the TM, but no luck there. I ran the search and found a file that I am unable to open...

Anybody know where I can find the wire diagram? I am pretty sure I need another piece of wire harness. I only have 1 wire for each gauge, so the second one is missing.

Other issue to add to the list: Low air buzzer broken.

I did find some random documents in the truck. It was sent to DRMO in 2009, I even have the last name of the person who Demiled it.

It was an Air Force truck, it has a control tower signal sticker on the dash and one on the roof of the cab. It also has a sticker that says USAF.