• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8V92s all over GL

spicergear

I was a passenger in an M1075 one time and drove one a short stint thanks to one of our gracious members. Let me tell you something- Wreckerman's statement about a hotrodded one with an Allison in a bobbed 5 ton being fast is an UNDERSTATEMENT. That 1075 HEMTT with a full water tank on it I think was up in 70,000- 80,000lb range and WAS FAST! Not fast like a big block chevy in a Willys coupe, but it would smoke a duece with the fuel turned up to melt down rate. In something 1/3 the weight, ...holy smokes what a hot rod monster that would be!!!!!! [thumbzup]

spicergear

Everytime I bring that idea up someone comments on the size of the radiator needed and the 818 may not have the room. I know on the tri-axle front half I have with the Silver 92 that radiator is MASSIVE. I say try it though!!!

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So without talking current auctions, has anyone pick one up from the past auctions? Or has anyone watched them close and for how much $$ did they close for?

I bought one last year for about $800 after fees and tax. They ranged from $600 - $1200 in that auction. There were about 60+ up for auction and several companies were after them for resale. It was a pain to buy just one, as the auction went well past the end due to the 15 min rule.

Mine had a painted manifold and exhaust and looked very clean, so I hope it was a rebuild and left in storage engine, but don't know. Everything was sealed up and the turbo looked good when I picked it up, but that is about all that I have done with it.

It is still sitting in the corner waiting for a project. :smile:

NEIOWA

Nearly 400 rated F7 listed DRMO Red River. Have to be some good take outs. Hopefully SAM (EPA nuts) won't scrap them.

NIIN 012573879: ENGINE AND CONTAINE

END ITEM IDENTIFICATION:HEMTT FAMILY (HEAVY EXPANDED MOBILITY TACTICAL TRUCKS); 2320-01-097-0260 HIAB CRANE (HEMTT)GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS ITEM DESCRIPTION:CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING: 8V92TAENGINE,P/N 12361134 AND SHIPPING AND STORAGE CONTAINER,P/N M-1477
HEMTT FAMILY (HEAVY EXPANDED MOBILITY TACTICAL TRUCKS); 2320-01-097-0260 HIAB CRANE (HEMTT)GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS ITEM DESCRIPTION:CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING: 8V92TAENGINE,P/N 12361134 AND SHIPPING AND STORAGE CONTAINER,P/N M-1477