• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

quickfarms

Not happy with the adjustments made. The truck still upshifts early at a lower RPM that it is supposed to, which is what the dealer was supposed to fix. It will upshift at 16-1700 RPM in some gears when it should shift at 1900.
The first second shift is manual. The second third shift is 200 below governed. The rest of the shifts are 600 below governed. It sounds like they set it to shift using the rated hp or the governor is not set correctly. What is you'd governor set at?

Truckoholic

I know I will more then likely get a butt crewing over this but can an engine brake be put on a m818's NHC 250 with out having a turbo added to it, or put anthere way can a person add a engine bake or jake brake to a na250 cummins?

A true engine brake has nothing to do with the turbo, so Jacobs engine brake heads, and PAC Brake heads could be put on an NA engine just fine. And I'm pretty sure a butterfly valve type exhaust brake could also be put on an NA engine just fine.

Jacobs engine brakes work by opening the exhaust valves of the engine at just the right time so that it has a retarding effect on the engine. So no need for a turbo for them to work. They work off of oil pressure.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone ever convert a CUCV too full air brakes?

Come on guys, stay on topic and do not hijack the thread!

Start your own threads.:deadhorse:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks