• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

932 vs 925

skav

I'll do a proper into later with pictures and info, but for now-I've got a couple questions.

So I got some seat time in my 932 yesterday. This is the first mv I've ever driven so here come the questions...

How does the ride compare between the short and standard wheel base? I ask because the 932 felt a bit "twitchy" for lack of a better word on the freeway. It moved around on expansion joints more than I would have expected. It reminded me of driving my lifted Bronco in high school;)

It this the norm or is this because of the short wheelbase? I know it's also lighter than the 925 but I don't think this would affect handling. My plan is to tow a toy hauler with it, which is why I got the 932 over the 925. I wanted better maneuverability. Im just hoping that the twitch will go away with the trailer but I'm wondering if I should have grabbed a 925 instead.

Any input is appreciated.

Ddmk18

With no weight on the back of mine it hopped around a good bit. Could actually see air under the tires on bridge joints. Putting weight back there will help. As far a toy hauler it might shake it apart if it just a standard one for a pickup unless you get extra weight over the rear end to help smooth it out.

MtnSnow

An unloaded "tractor" vs an unloaded "cargo" truck will ride much harsher due to less weight over the rear tandems (5th wheel vs Cargo bed) coupled with the shorter wheelbase of the tractor compared to the cargo trucks

RobertoGatos

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wound up putting a fifth wheel plate on my 925 for this exact reason. Lowering the air pressure in the rear tires with the CTIS disabled helps a ton for bobtailing.

JohnnyBM931A2

Yeah my 931A2 can be a little bumpy on the road. I've gotten used to it now that I have driven it around a number of times. Luckily they have redone most of the major roads around here lately, so there aren't really any rough patches. As others have said, it's mostly due to lack of rear weight on the rear axles. Probably doesn't help that you have extra weight up front vs a standard tractor (because of the winch assembly being there.) Plus you also have the extra weight of the 14L Cummins since you don't have an A2.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having driven a bunch of these things in all configurations, I can't really say there's a noticeable difference between an empty cargo truck and a bobtailed truck tractor. It's just the nature of the beast....

Ue413

If you consider how much weight these trucks can handle and how much we m939 series owners haul, the suspension is never put to use. When I hit rough patches with my cargo truck, the whole back will jump around. Like other members have stated, that's the nature of the beast.

skav

Thanks guys. I kinda figured that was the case but wanted to ask. I may be picking up an MEP 006a this weekend but that probably won't do anything behind it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks