• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

9900 pounds of mulch

mahdey

My first post in a long while, between Marines, bull**** army class's at OSU and school i have had ZERO me time. Anyways im still taking summer classes but its calmed down. Dad noticed this and here is my summer task, mulch both our properties...by myself...with a shovel and wheel barrel. FML.

Im not sure what the deuce's payload is but i had them fill it up with mulch when i went to the local bulk mulch place. Nothing like fresh wet mulch to wake you up in the morning. Didn't even notice it was there, only when i would use the tranny to slow down it would skip so i used my brakes mostly. Anyways, i swear their has to be something done to my truck to still be able to hit a gps verified 63 at 2200 rpm's. Leaves me scratching my head, even called speedemon (tommy) about it to ask him. HE said my truck had a lot more pep than his did and had no issue maintaining 55 up some grades coming back from Anneville, PA. Anyways i put a whole in the radiator 3 months ago and finally i got it fixed and i changed all the fuel filters, oil filters and oil.

Well anyways, here it is.

Attachments

Last edited:

JCKnife

That is a great-looking truck. Did the load shift much on you? Looks like it coulda spilled over the rails but...eh, what's a little mulch over the side.

And what's this wheelbarrow bs? Just back the truck up to the mulch-needing area and kick some out!

I was born and raised near Troy, OH! (moved to Louisville a few years ago).

Heavysteven

Good job, I picked up 3 yards for 67 dollars here in Ga. I prefer the red mulch.

Just my thoughts, you should consider keeping the truck at 45 if you plan on keeping it. I got 5 minute talk from a Seabee mechanic on this.

mahdey

That is a great-looking truck. Did the load shift much on you? Looks like it coulda spilled over the rails but...eh, what's a little mulch over the side.

And what's this wheelbarrow bs? Just back the truck up to the mulch-needing area and kick some out!

I was born and raised near Troy, OH! (moved to Louisville a few years ago).
my dads anal about his yard, plus the ground is moist so im sure i would sink.

mahdey

Even with that it comes down to gear ratio's, over drive, and RPM. Unless the LDS revs over 3000 rpm it is mathematically impossible to drive a stock deuce at 63mph.
exactly and im a firm believer in math and mechanical impossibilities. I know the tach is correct, replaced it with a new cable from one of the forum sponsors and h*ll, we all know how these trucks sound at 2400-2500 rpm, like someone jackhammering your head.

I'm stumped, half the mulch is out of the truck right now ad i said screw it and drove in the grass on two parts but thats about it. Closer to the house it has that underground irrigation system controlled through rain-bird.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first guestion was about the tach being inaccurate too. But If I remember correctly, it stopped working on us part way back from PA, so it has to have been replaced. I'm wondering if there could be a different tach adapter in place that would explain the lower tach reading.

Also, I'm not doubting Mahdey that he's telling the truth, because I've never seen a GPS lie before. But the engine, unless it's an LDS has had something done to it. It's got waaayyyyy too much power to be a stock LDT. Also, unless someone messed with the governor, I agree with everybody else too though....63 is impossible for a stock deuce that still has all of the internal engine parts inside the block.

Personally, I would love to know exactly what's been done to that truck, cause it aint normal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks