• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

9900 pounds of mulch

mahdey

My first post in a long while, between Marines, bull**** army class's at OSU and school i have had ZERO me time. Anyways im still taking summer classes but its calmed down. Dad noticed this and here is my summer task, mulch both our properties...by myself...with a shovel and wheel barrel. FML.

Im not sure what the deuce's payload is but i had them fill it up with mulch when i went to the local bulk mulch place. Nothing like fresh wet mulch to wake you up in the morning. Didn't even notice it was there, only when i would use the tranny to slow down it would skip so i used my brakes mostly. Anyways, i swear their has to be something done to my truck to still be able to hit a gps verified 63 at 2200 rpm's. Leaves me scratching my head, even called speedemon (tommy) about it to ask him. HE said my truck had a lot more pep than his did and had no issue maintaining 55 up some grades coming back from Anneville, PA. Anyways i put a whole in the radiator 3 months ago and finally i got it fixed and i changed all the fuel filters, oil filters and oil.

Well anyways, here it is.

Attachments

Last edited:

JCKnife

That is a great-looking truck. Did the load shift much on you? Looks like it coulda spilled over the rails but...eh, what's a little mulch over the side.

And what's this wheelbarrow bs? Just back the truck up to the mulch-needing area and kick some out!

I was born and raised near Troy, OH! (moved to Louisville a few years ago).

Heavysteven

Good job, I picked up 3 yards for 67 dollars here in Ga. I prefer the red mulch.

Just my thoughts, you should consider keeping the truck at 45 if you plan on keeping it. I got 5 minute talk from a Seabee mechanic on this.

mahdey

That is a great-looking truck. Did the load shift much on you? Looks like it coulda spilled over the rails but...eh, what's a little mulch over the side.

And what's this wheelbarrow bs? Just back the truck up to the mulch-needing area and kick some out!

I was born and raised near Troy, OH! (moved to Louisville a few years ago).
my dads anal about his yard, plus the ground is moist so im sure i would sink.

mahdey

Even with that it comes down to gear ratio's, over drive, and RPM. Unless the LDS revs over 3000 rpm it is mathematically impossible to drive a stock deuce at 63mph.
exactly and im a firm believer in math and mechanical impossibilities. I know the tach is correct, replaced it with a new cable from one of the forum sponsors and h*ll, we all know how these trucks sound at 2400-2500 rpm, like someone jackhammering your head.

I'm stumped, half the mulch is out of the truck right now ad i said screw it and drove in the grass on two parts but thats about it. Closer to the house it has that underground irrigation system controlled through rain-bird.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first guestion was about the tach being inaccurate too. But If I remember correctly, it stopped working on us part way back from PA, so it has to have been replaced. I'm wondering if there could be a different tach adapter in place that would explain the lower tach reading.

Also, I'm not doubting Mahdey that he's telling the truth, because I've never seen a GPS lie before. But the engine, unless it's an LDS has had something done to it. It's got waaayyyyy too much power to be a stock LDT. Also, unless someone messed with the governor, I agree with everybody else too though....63 is impossible for a stock deuce that still has all of the internal engine parts inside the block.

Personally, I would love to know exactly what's been done to that truck, cause it aint normal.