• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A boat load of MEPs comming

Guyfang

Staff member
THIS is GREAT stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or for me anyway. This is what good quality control is all about. The numbers would have been much better 10-15 years later. The data he was using came from a time where the TQG's were have mucho problems. The curve went up drastly after this time period. But still great info. I have to read this tonight when I have a little more time.

NEIOWA

Searching through a nonpublic surplus website for municipalities, I see that Pennsylvania has over 400 Mep-803s that should be hitting public auctions sometime soon. It will probably take a few months to get through the system after "us municipalities get their pick" but there will be plenty for all. Some are mounted on trailers but the majority are not. Good luck and keep your eye on both auction sites this spring.
WOW you did not exaggerate. At least 248x MEP803 and 127x on M1101. Looks like they have them stacked up at several addresses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guyfang

Staff member
Right now in german, there are lots set up for equipment being swapped out. There are loads of gen set in the lots, awaiting "Disposition". meaning awaiting the decision as to what is going to happen to them.

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right now in german, there are lots set up for equipment being swapped out. There are loads of gen set in the lots, awaiting "Disposition". meaning awaiting the decision as to what is going to happen to them.
Do they usually send them/equipment back to the states or try to sell them to allies?

Guyfang

Staff member
Mostly the equipment gets sent to the states. A little bit gets hocked off here. But germans don't do military anything. People think you're strange if you wear a uniform. They think you're strange if you drive an ex-military truck. No one in the world here uses 120 volts. There are some firms that do sell gov equipment, but its nothing like back in the states.

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mostly the equipment gets sent to the states. A little bit gets hocked off here. But germans don't do military anything. People think you're strange if you wear a uniform. They think you're strange if you drive an ex-military truck. No one in the world here uses 120 volts. There are some firms that do sell gov equipment, but its nothing like back in the states.
Were I live if you don't wear Camo your strange. LOL "But Germans don't do military anything. People think you're strange if you wear a uniform. They think you're strange if you drive an ex-military truck" (There Loss our gain) I am glad they send it back, more for us. :clinto:

Csm Davis

Guyfang I find that hard to believe as I sent a bunch of 931's to Germany just a few years ago.

Also guys I hate to be the bad guy here but you are Not supposed to discuss up coming or active auctions.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also guys I hate to be the bad guy here but you are Not supposed to discuss up coming or active auctions.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I see no rules that I have broken. I never said they have been listed for auction, just saying there's a good chance of future listings.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are not pointing to a specific active​ auction.
Rumored future. Could be next week or Christmas.
No flag needed

Csm Davis

WOW you did not exaggerate. I see at least 248x MEP803 and 127x on M1101. Looks like they have them stacked up at several addresses.
This is current and specific

I see no rules that I have broken. I never said they have been listed for auction, just saying there's a good chance of future listings.[/QUOTE]

They are not pointing to a specific active​ auction.
Rumored future. Could be next week or Christmas.
No flag needed
I didn't turn this in but it is why they ask you not to discuss because someone always goes to far.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEIOWA

You don't mind that one of the volunteer Fire Dept that come here for advice, are alerted to the availability/request a great genset to provide backup power to their community? Don't be a nanny.

To my understanding the thugs at the EPA is has been driving cycles of dumping several generations of serviceable gensets over the last 30years. Going to the 1st generation with enclosures (as MEP803) was also a good thing tactically. They ongoing stupidity of conforming the the Euros/EPA Tier diesel emissions standards is beyond stupid. End up with PC controlled crap that is not/less EMP proof. Less reliable/more expensive to maintain. AND dumping great low hour sets for overpriced new stuff. Stupid. I got for my FD MEP803 with 10hr, 12hr, 30hr. SILLY.

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This reminds me when my Dad would just Slap me upside the head and I would ask him what that was for. He would answer, that Is for something you gonna do.

Guyfang

Staff member
Guyfang I find that hard to believe as I sent a bunch of 931's to Germany just a few years ago.

What do you find hard to believe?

Firebrand

I agree that there was no discussion of upcoming or future auction earlier, just an update about items potentially moving along the supply chain or system. No site or dates given or hinted.

Firebrand

Got it.

Are the Mods so afraid of liability from mentioning an auction, either in the future or currently active, that they must clamp down on this activity?

I know I'm new around here and all, but on several other forums in which I participate, folks are usually in the clear by mentioning that 'they have no connection or interest in the item(s) mentioned or referenced within.'

I get this is not the place to promote or advertise for 'those' sites, but rather to discuss and learn from others' experiences.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it.

Are the Mods so afraid of liability from mentioning an auction, either in the future or currently active, that they must clamp down on this activity?

I know I'm new around here and all, but on several other forums in which I participate, folks are usually in the clear by mentioning that 'they have no connection or interest in the item(s) mentioned or referenced within.'

I get this is not the place to promote or advertise for 'those' sites, but rather to discuss and learn from others' experiences.
It is a privately owned site and that is one of the rules the owner has placed . His house his rules , remember we are all just guests here.

Also say you spend months searching for a specific item and find it on a auction site with little advertising then someone with no interest posts it on here , now you have thousands of people seeing this item and possibly bidding you out of your price range without doing any work to find themselves except see posted on SS.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
For those reasons porkysplace brings up and mainly to make sure something posted is not seen as collusion. Collusion is taken very seriously by the Federal Gov't and last thing I would want to spend my money on is a lawyer to defend me in Federal court, if you think civil court lawyers are $$ be ready to be amazed!
Our rules on Collusion:
Collusion between members will not be tolerated in the SteelSoldiers.Com forums. The following could be construed as collusion and will be deleted:
• Sharing of bidder ID numbers or names to avoid bidding against another member
• Sharing of auction numbers or lot numbers to avoid bidding on the same item as another member
• Any other arrangement between members that serves to keep auction prices low in favor of the member bidders
First time offenders will be warned. Second time offenders will lose posting privileges for one month. Third time offenders will be banned.