• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A/C Retrofit Kits

dilvoy

I'm wondering if there is any interest in some NOS A/C Kits that I have. They are for the MTVR vehicle, but are very comprehensive and look to be able to be adapted to just about anything. Here are some fotos.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
That is a nice setup but as much as I hate roasting in a deuce I don't think I would add another system to the engine......it would have to be a **** of a unit to cool an uninsulated deuce cab.
Now if you could adapt it a heating/defrosting system I would be interested.

KsM715

I'd love one for my 5ton if the price is right, but if you go look in the classifieds you'll see some a/c units there that are out of my price range.

yeager1

Definitely interested, but with commercial "universal kits" for big trucks being about $850 (which are made to be easily adaptable to any rig) the price would have to be good; not giving them away but resonable. If you want to try to sell them for a resonable rate, PM me.

dilvoy

The Price I had in mind was $300. This is top quality kit as usual, with excellent wire harness's, relays and a very detailed instruction manual. It has plenty of info for most people to figure out what needs switched power and what not. The crates that the kits are in are large 38x36x32. I can take the crates to a shipping terminal for freight shipment. Forward air has been the cheapest that I have delt with. I can also take the kits out of the crates and ship the contents in their individual boxes. The boxes with the heat/evap unit and condensor would need to be reinforced though. I'm located in San Francisco, Ca.

UpstateNYer

The Price I had in mind was $300. This is top quality kit as usual, with excellent wire harness's, relays and a very detailed instruction manual. It has plenty of info for most people to figure out what needs switched power and what not. The crates that the kits are in are large 38x36x32. I can take the crates to a shipping terminal for freight shipment. Forward air has been the cheapest that I have delt with. I can also take the kits out of the crates and ship the contents in their individual boxes. The boxes with the heat/evap unit and condensor would need to be reinforced though. I'm located in San Francisco, Ca.
I will take one also, can you quote shipping to 13202 a buisness address with forklift. Or I can ship it UPS freight on my account if you like.

Richmond

Has any one here installed one of the kits originally designed for the Humvee in a deuce? I am thinking about purchasing one from a guy in the classified ad's on here. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Richmond

Yes, they are the Red Dot kits. I know they are kind of pricey but they are complete kits? and military spec. . A deuce with A/C how cool would that be?

dilvoy

Wow, I have a lot of PM's. I'll have to weigh a crate so shipping cost can be figured. If someone has an account with a shipping company, they may have a better rate if they arrange the shipping than I will get as a walk in. I have a total of sixteen of these kits with four removed from their crates, because I diden't have room to store them that way. I'll get the weight tomorrow morning and start contacting people in the order that PM's and posts were made. Thanks

UpstateNYer

I would like to thank Dilvoy, this kit is a great deal. Good communication, fast reasonable shipping and a good product. It should mount in a M35 with very little work, and is as you would expect very high quality. I will start a thread on the install once I get going on it in the next month or so.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks