• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A few mods done to my 1078

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andy,
Do you by chance have a link to where you bought the key switch and the 24V relay? I just want to make sure I get the right components, want to do it right the first time, thank you so much :)

Seth
Cole Hersee 24063 24V Insulated Continuous Duty SPST Solenoid

Dorman 85936 Conduct Tite Universal Key Starter Switch

Both from Amazon

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just finished this weekend adding a fold-down step on the rear bumper and the addition of an electric tach.

20170313_123954.jpg Folded up

20170313_124128.jpg Folded down and pinned

20170313_125025.jpg

$35 Apexmeter tach from Ebay. 4 wires to hook up with one going to the alternator, very simple and works great. i checked it with a strobe light fired tach from work and it was only off about 50 rpms from the factory.

coachgeo

Just finished this weekend adding ... an electric tach.... $35 Apexmeter tach from Ebay. 4 wires to hook up with one going to the alternator, very simple and works great. i checked it with a strobe light fired tach from work and it was only off about 50 rpms from the factory.
can you please provide more wiring details.... such as where on Alt. you attached, suggested route for the wires etc.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
can you please provide more wiring details.... such as where on Alt. you attached, suggested route for the wires etc.
Like Suprman said, AC post on the alternator. I ran my wire ( W post on the tach ) under the relay panel and through the rubber boot to the underside of the cab. Then follow the wire harness inside of the right frame back to the alternator. The 14 volt positive, light power (14 volt also) and ground wire went over to the relay panel.

Reworked LMTV

Just finished this weekend adding a fold-down step on the rear bumper and the addition of an electric tach.

View attachment 670841 Folded up

View attachment 670842 Folded down and pinned

View attachment 670843

$35 Apexmeter tach from Ebay. 4 wires to hook up with one going to the alternator, very simple and works great. i checked it with a strobe light fired tach from work and it was only off about 50 rpms from the factory.
Did your regulator have 2 or 4 posts to connect to? There seems to be a few different models of regulator out there.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A couple of more mods done over the last week. I added a mechanical oil pressure gauge because i have had electric ones fail in the past.

oil.jpg

I also added an air pressure gauge for my wet tank pressure. A good indicator for air compressor trouble.

thumbnail.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks