• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A little fun today

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks like the winch chain from the back of a 5 on wreckers 45,000# winch. Great pics Baja_Power! Did most of OH get dusted like that?

bomar76

I think it is only rated @ 35k, so probably not the winch chain. He has (at least last I looked) a couple 5 ton wreckers with rear winches on his lot.
Roger said he had no idea what they were originally for.

baja_power

Recovry4x4 said:
That looks like the winch chain from the back of a 5 on wreckers 45,000# winch. Great pics Baja_Power! Did most of OH get dusted like that?

from Columbus up got it mostly. the southern part got sleet, ice and rain.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You got a lot more snow than I have Baja, Columbus is getting nailed. Mansfield has got maybe 3 inches. Not taking my duece out until the snow gets DEEP. Too much salt on the roads at the moment. Looks like a good time!

I need to find another place to hang my big chain, lost my hanging spot with the dump conversion.
Dennis

Last edited:

spicergear

x2.

Non Directionals in snow is SOOOOOO frustrating. Took me three tries to get up a farm road on the powerlines last week so I could get to where I was pulling logs out.
1st try: Low Range, 2nd gear-
2nd try: Low range, 3rd gear-...a little further
3rd try: Low range, 4th gear put CAT to governor. Made it. :)

baja_power

cranetruck said:
What was your tire pressure? What load did you carry?
High tire pressure with no load would be the worst condition with any tire.
This time i didn’t mess with the tires. so i was running around 53 PSI only had maybe 300 pounds in the back of random things ranging from some extra diesel to 6x6 blocks and a 5th wheel hitch ( still in the box). I plan on loading the snow from the driveway into the back if I need more weight.

williamh

snow ???? whats that ??? is it any thing like slow moving rain ????

nice pic , whats all that white stuff ???? is that very clean dirt??? or is there a fire around ??? rofl

Desert Rat

WH,

I know what you mean! Looks like they are overdressed to fight that fire causing all the ash to fall ;) !!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the pictures Baja, your rig looks ready for the winter, radiator cover and all.
We got freezing rain, sleet and plain cold rain to top it all off. It was all slushy in the late evening
and when the wind turned back to the cusomary Northwesterly, it all froze. This morning everything is covered with ice, about 2 inches of it, fortunatly not so much on the trees this time (no serious power outages).

colyork

I would love to take my duece ot to play ,but they use lots of salt on the roads . I just don't the salt worrking on the body. No rust holes yet would like to keep it that way.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone put 4000# in the back of a deuce and report back on it's abiity to move in the snow. I think one might be suprised.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks