• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A Rising Phoenix: Proposed Re-Purpose

Another Ahab

It does look like a cool idea. Hope that tool bed is 12' long so you can't bob it. I also share Gimp's curiosity about the crane. Love any truck with one mounted. What kind of business?

Steve
The Master says that "there are many schools".

And I belong to the School-of-Thought that teaches:

To Bob
Is
To Rob.

That is the mantra I follow; Thou Shalt Not Steal (no robbin' going on here).

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Like the look of a Deuce in Tan coat and pants.
Pete
That's reassuring, thanks.

The thinking there is to keep her in some kind of military "guise" (so desert tan), but without being overwhelmingly imposing/ threatening (which a color like olive drab might telegraph).

I'm also thinking the lighter color will make it seem smaller, even if it isn't. Also might keep it a little cooler in the summer (and easier to see things in the cab).

Had to weigh it all, and those were the marketing thoughts.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What kind of business? Certainly not mobile dentistry.

Another Ahab

What kind of business? Certainly not mobile dentistry.
Hey, if the money's good we might go there: "You drill 'em; We fill 'em".

And I meant to get around to answering SteveKuhn about this:

- The intended scope is B2B as a "Miscellaneous Mechanic" to Contractors/ Retailers/ Institutions/ Schools for rough and finish carpentry mainly (including warranty work and work as a "supplemental" tradesman).

- I really don't want to mess with the Residential market too much, it gets messy with all the hand-holding, marriage counseling, and pet/ baby-sitting surprises. BUT might selectively go there also. Got to feel that out.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Very nice platform, is it commercially manufactured or self built?
Service body was fabricated custom (my design) by a manufacturer of standard and custom truck boxes:

- a family-run operation that works exclusively in aluminum (figured already heavy enough as it is, and "rust never rests").

Last edited:

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW , what nicely put together rig ! Lots of storage space accessible from the ground and the bed . How much will the jib pick up ? . Love the paint job , really nice MV , I don't want to even know what:goodjob: the TAB was ! LOL , bob k

Another Ahab

WOW , what nicely put together rig ! Lots of storage space accessible from the ground and the bed . How much will the jib pick up ? . Love the paint job , really nice MV , I don't want to even know what:goodjob: the TAB was ! LOL , bob k
Depending on the configuration (boom length and elevation angle), the jib handles anywhere from 900 to 2,000 lbs.

Yeah, and the tab; well I'd probably do it all different the second time around, if I had that luxury. But it's still cheaper than a new pick-up.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks