• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A sad sign of the times

tm america

i agree with that you could always get a magnito from a race car run it off the engine hide the cutoff switch for the magnito run a long plug wire up to the bottom of the seat so if they turn the engine over without hitting the cutoff switch they will get 100,000 volts to the sack :roll:put a video camera in there that would be a funny one on you tube:twisted:

73X

Mine gets driven daily so the battery cable thing wouldn't work. I like the idea of a magneto I am just sure as s*** that I will forget and end up with an unwanted colonoscopy or something that feels just as bad.

tm america

ya i think thats why i never did it .one of my buddies had a magnito on his truck.it had 18inch lift 44s he was dropping the mag in it turned gave him a zap knock him clean off the truck after i stopped laughing i helped him up .long funny way to fall:roll:well funny for me not so much for him:twisted:

Crackerjax

well here is what I have done so far... I drilled a hold so I can lock the t cast in neutral, lock the parking break in the up position, steering wheel chain, leave air tanks open,keep the doors locked from the inside,extendo gas pedal stop(to prevent you from mashing the gas, it looks stock) but its just a socket painted green slipped over the bolt,leave the glad hands open, always have someone home to watch your stuff....

tm america

theres a thousand things you can do but there comes a point where its not feasible to do all that .if they want it that bad they will just bring a wrecker and take it .i know guys that had alarms on their cars and had alarms on their garages they were really let down when they went out in the morning to find the power and phone lines cut to the garage car and tool box gone and a note left for them saying nice try :roll:

wsucougarx

My all time personal favorite is the transfer case lockout bracket mounted to the cab hump. Basically you drill a hole in the transfer case handle in the swelled portion of the lever. Then insert a padlock through the handle and on into the bracket. It locks the transfer case lever in neutral:wink:

hole

This is a realitive subject, depends on where you live. I happen to live in a pretty safe city type neighborhood. I have a system of check downs in place. 1; steering wheel chain lock. 2 ;leave air tank open. 3; Park CJ8 behind Deuce( now that I think about it, the 8 is worth Alot more than the Deuce, so I will switch places in the morning) 4; lock gate on that driveway. 5; the Deuce is 5 feet from my house, I think I'll hear it start . 5a; 357 in nightstand will come in handy when I hear it start up . 6; the ex-Marine next door says he loves my truck more than I do( I'm not going to argue with him, he could kill me) Location is everything for this conversation.....:wink:

73X

What I have finally decided on is actually quite simple.
I keyed wire 10 to shut things down, I am going out this morning and looking for a 28v solenoid valve and lastly keep the wheels turned to left lock when I stop and chain it and lock it. As far as I go I will keep my colt 1911 and M4 ready along with my wife and her S&W .38. If these fail to get the attention of the "bastages" my 18 year old son that is six four and comes in around 225 lbs. and owns a 150 lb. Great Dane might help. My driveway is 120 feet long so I have a little time to react.
All of this being said I still believe that my neighborhood is relatively safe and without worries I just do not like what has started to happen around me. :cry:

saddamsnightmare

December 14th, 2009.

I would say that the government applied chain (for locking the steering wheel) is usually hardened, which can be very hard on bolt cutters. But the other suggestion on here are pretty good..... in Texas the bastages (love that term) usually meet up with a most heavily armed owner and cops not inclined to ask too many questions.... particularly if the deceased were on a wanted list. Actually, if it had an ignition coild and capacitor attached to the seat cushion byy two innocuous contacts, you could help curl some do's if they did not find the cut off switch.....:twisted:! Model T spark coils could do very well for jump starting the bastages.....!!
Just my .02

Good luck or move to a better neighborhood where they let you carry concealed...

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

73X

OKAY you guys are over thinking this problem
~AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY~ sign problem solved !!!!

Hey it's it my dream I can dream it anyway I want.
D*** I wish I would have thought of this it is so much easier. :p

Here in Michigan we are allowed to carry concealed so we do. As far as moving I can't right now with the economy being where it is I would lose me a** selling my house. So for the moment I am stuck.:-x

dittle

Another simple deterrent that doesn't go on the vehicle is motion lights all over the place. I have 1000W halogen lights on my house that come on and it turns my yard into daylight and my Deuce is parked well within the sensor range (neighbor has similar setup on his house so its double covered). I don't know how many times I have been woken up in the night due to rabbits but it is worth the extra sense of security. I also have my steering wheel locked, have the batteries disconnected with a removable key, and right now there is about a foot of snow in front of the truck that I don't think they could push start it through without me making it outside. Plus I have 2 4-legged alarms that patrol the house and alert me to anything wierd (including rabbits) out in the yard.

73X

We recently had a four legged alarm pass away after many years of faithful service and are now training a new one. He is a 150+ lb. Great Dane. And we just installed motion lights a week or so ago to try and deter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks