• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 Crew Cab Build Starts

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great build out. I have enjoyed watching your craftsmanship turn a sow's ear into a silk purse. You are an inspiration. I look forward to seeing it in person before you move north. :grd:

ApopkaFL

Banned
Anyone in the Orlando Area that wants too see the Deuce before its hauled or drivin to KY call me this week. I am back in Apopka with it.

My Hose that connects from the Turbo too the air to air ( inter cooler ) broke today on way home with the Deuce. Was on the discharge side so Loss of power was felt. Scared the **** out of me cause it sounded like a **** Jet taking off. I pulled over took wire and placed the hose back on the pipe ( 1/4 of in of it ) took wire wrapped it from one clamp to other and used some duct tape to get her the rest of the way home.... Will try to find a replacement tomorrow...

Rodman 407-860-1441

ApopkaFL

Banned
It really amaze me of the attention the truck is getting. I went to a local truck pull tonight to watch and drove the Deuce, People just gather all around it the whole night looking at it. Then I stopped in at Race track to get some fuel. They were so many people taking pictures I could not believe it, I grab my Dell Tablet and took photos of everyone that was taking photos of my truck to show you the attention its getting.

Rodman

Attachments

SGT LongT

Take it to a Gator game and you might get to drive it onto the field. Better yet have the cheerleaders get in and drive them onto the field [thumbzup] Now those would be some great pictures :drool:

machinist75

Here is an idea. Build a flush mount bed cover out of maybe a combination of plywood and aluminum. Use it as a slab for an airbrushed mural of the trucks dedication to seal team six. You could hinge it sideways using gas shocks to hold it up so spectators at shows could see it. Maybe a carpet kit in back to finish it off. That would be cool.

ApopkaFL

Banned
Here is an idea. Build a flush mount bed cover out of maybe a combination of plywood and aluminum. Use it as a slab for an airbrushed mural of the trucks dedication to seal team six. You could hinge it sideways using gas shocks to hold it up so spectators at shows could see it. Maybe a carpet kit in back to finish it off. That would be cool.

I like that ideal for sure.. Thanks

machinist75

I used to be into custom mini trucks And the show circuit. I see alot of things that could be crossed over to your build but on a bigger scale. I will look at my a2 and see if any of the knobs on the dash or window cranks can be made out of billet aluminum if I can I'll make some and donate it to your build.

ApopkaFL

Banned
Here is some up close photos of the inside I took today. I have some stuff inside I still need too do. I installed the Alarm and installed 3 cameras one on the right side in the back facing towards the front of the truck so I can see what is below the right side fender one on the rear for backing up and one in the front to see how close I am. The monitor I have is for 4 cams so the extra one I plugged it into the radio dvd side. I have air ride seats in the front also.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks