• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 Crew Cab Build Starts

HASSON1911

Wow amazing truck, hey I'm going to steal the way you upholstered your truck but Im still curious as to how exactly you did it, I can see the pics with plywood and such, but stumped by the way you and process you followed. thanks.

FatBuddhaBoo

Anyone have pictures of how the he did the suicide doors hinges? Looked back in the thread and he really didn't show any closeup shots of the setup. I imagine it wouldn't be too complicated, but always nice to see a successful setup up close.

caliber1

Hey guys, in case you didn't notice, ApopkaFl is banned. He won't be answering any questions. Hasson, what did you want to know about the upholstery? I do it a little.

FatBuddhaBoo

caliber1

MD, looks to me like what is called trunk liner, or maybe speaker box fabric. And I use a spray grade contact adhesive to put it on with. I think you can find a 3M product in spray cans at Home Depot or Lowes. If you are in Central Florida, I usually have some in stock. LOL

Does anybody know what the material is that he used for the interior panels and head linner? Also what did he use to glue it to the plywood?

HASSON1911

Sorry this took so long caliber, I was curious how to go from the sheet metal inside the cab to go to insulation, sound deadening and then that nice interior cloth that semis have. That is what Im hoping to accomplish for my truck a warm quiet nice interior.

davesgmc

you want a nice quiet warm interior, go buy a Lexus,,its a military truck, completely the opposite of nice,,,quiet,,, or warm.

I lined the inside of mine with sleeping pad mats glued to the interior walls and ceiling, then peg board put over that, still has the military look, insulates and sound deadens and takes away most of the tin canny-ness to it. still loud as he11 at 70 mph!

jesusgatos

you want a nice quiet warm interior, go buy a Lexus,,its a military truck, completely the opposite of nice,,,quiet,,, or warm.

I lined the inside of mine with sleeping pad mats glued to the interior walls and ceiling, then peg board put over that, still has the military look, insulates and sound deadens and takes away most of the tin canny-ness to it. still loud as he11 at 70 mph!
Don't be so dismissive. Everything's relative. Nice(re), quiet(er), warm(er), etc. There are a few of us that have gone to great lengths to civilize these trucks and make them a little (or a lot) more drivable.

caliber1

Hasson, no problem. On the rear of the cab, I am gonna use a jute type insulation I get from Foss manufacturing, the trunk liner comes from the same place. Insulate between the framework, rivet some 1/4 inch over, then contact glue the trunk liner on over. That stuff is real easy to work with. Good luck!!

Sorry this took so long caliber, I was curious how to go from the sheet metal inside the cab to go to insulation, sound deadening and then that nice interior cloth that semis have. That is what Im hoping to accomplish for my truck a warm quiet nice interior.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks