• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 Crew Cab Build Starts

ApopkaFL

Banned
No new updates yet, I have a deal I am working on with the sell of 300 Tires that is taking a lot of my time. I will be working on the truck soon as I need to finish it. Decided that I am going to install peterbuilt air ride suspension in the rear of my deuce. Photos will be post when that happens..

Rodman

ApopkaFL

Banned
Florida here, As many of you already know. I am looking for Hard Top anyone have one laying around? I want to use it in my project of building a custom hard top out of 39 ford truck top.

sellbooze

@ Apopka , in some earlier pics , you showed putting the bed on. Did you use that oak tree and straps to lift the bed ? I am looking for a way to lift mine off and have some huge oak trees.

Lonesome715

Next time we head down that way to see family I will have to stop by and see this project in person. I am seriously kicking around a similar project idea.

ApopkaFL

Banned
sellbooze: Yes it held the bed fine.

Lonesome715: No problem anytime just let me know. Its been a slow process but its coming along fine. My friend that is helping me do it, got into a car wreck last week now he has a pin in his leg and its going to be little while longer. But I figure once its done it will be nice. Something to show off. So I really am not in hurry to rush the job and it not be right.

Lonesome715

I would love to have a little more cab space so my family and I can travel together in our deuce. So I am thinking about an extneded cab and keeping the 12 foot bed with it. Projects like yours shows how simple it actually is.

ApopkaFL

Banned
**** thing posted twice ( wired ) anyway. I could of been done by now but we are building a custom hard top out of a 39 ford top. Plus I am waiting on air ride out Peter-Built semi for the rear of the Deuce. I do not want to lift it until all the body work is done. Its going to be yellow like this. That way it will stand out :)

ApopkaFL

Banned
After a long period of time that I have not been able too get back on the Crew Cab build, I went today and looked her over. I drove over and bought a hard top for it today from one of the SS members for 50.00 . So I have a brand new soft top to put away. I am going next week and week after and work on it everyday until she is done. I have paid last 6 months worth of insurances and have not gotten to use her. Its time too finish it.

So you should start seeing some post everyday of events that are being done to the deuce. I will list what is left to do.

1. Stretch the hard top too fit the Crew Cab.

2. Lift the Deuce with the Deuce Frame I bought.

3. Install the new Steering Arm that deathrowdave built for me.

4. Install the Air Ride seats for the front and rear bench seat.

5. Bed is already cut down so I have to install it.

6. Work on two doors, the door locks need some attention.

7. Prime and paint the Deuce and install the 1600 R20s 53" tires.

8. Also going to modify the inside with a new stereo, amp, and put the speakers everywhere I can. I want to be able to hear the radio so Ill be installing a nice system.

9.Going to find someone to build me some brackets to install a 12V alternator put the battery`s into the second set of steps on the same side as the front step that house`s the battery`s.

Rodman

Last edited:

ApopkaFL

Banned
Update:

I built the front lift for the Deuce today. I also measured for the rear. I have a question. I am going to post a photo of the Deuce with the bed on it. I want to ask if you think the rear axle looks good where it is? I am thinking I should leave the REAR AXLE right where it is so the 53" and the Fuel take will work. If I move the Axle any closer to the fuel tank and steps will not work together.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attachments/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/260172d1310396859-a3-crew-cab-build-starts-210554_146037042132489_100001785831888_272491_8180994_o.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

ApopkaFL

Banned
After much work for the past two days the front springs are ready to move to the back. I can tell you the COLD RIVETS were **** too remove. After busted up hand and sliced finger I got them out. I will be re-installing everything next week then starting on the rear. Once that is done I will start making the stretch hard top for it. Then she will go to paint.....

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looking good. What kind of timeline do you expect in terms of being driveable?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks