• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 fan hub switch

MATT

I am looking for a A3 fan hub switch. It's the switching device that turns the cooling fan on when the engine reaches 200 degrees. It screws into the thermostat housing and has 2 air lines attached to it. I looked in the tech manuals for a NSN with no luck.

thanks

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This unit is called the shutterstat air valve. I don't know the P/N. It is possible that this could be obtained from Caterpillar. If you contact a Cat dealer, make sure you have the S/N of your engine. There are many variations of the 3116 engine.

R Racing

I had a bad Shutterstat on my m920 . My fan was always on even from a cold start at 19 degrees lol If you can't find it from cat and you know if its a normally open or normally closed and what pipe size I can give you a sorce for them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks